MIDAIR (Tribes Inspired Game) Released, Now Free to Play

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: MIDAIR Kickstarter

Post by perrinoia »

Not from time Warner, though... I bet... There's no way that crappy company is offering gigabit, unless they're talking about the Wi-Fi from their routers.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

This may have something to do with TW offering gigabit.

https://fiber.google.com/cities/sanantonio/
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I wish Google fiber was coming to Newport.

The best we can get is Cox cable, which works, sometimes. They advertise up to 100Mbps, and their smallest plan is 25Mbps, but on the island, we can only get like 15Mbps, which drops to 3Mbps at peak hours.

Also, or modem has to be reset weekly, as it seems to get bogged down, and stops communicating. The conspiracy theorist inside of me thinks it logs everything for the NSA, on it's limited internal memory...
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Google, ATT, and Grande all offer 1gig service here, but in limited areas, they are still installing fiber. So yes, he's not on Time Warner, they only offer 300gig for the consumer here and 400gig for business services.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

300-400 GIG?!
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

LOL....yeah, just re-read that myself...sorry been a long week, had a Fed Ex issue I was dealing with and spent some long hours hunting down the group in the UK, spamming people around the World and using the info. they received for International theft. They are now behind bars.

But, no NOT 300 and 400 Gigs, 300 Mbps and 400 Mbps via Time Warner.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh, ok... I guess I'll unpack my bags then...

Was about to move over there.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

If you were, were you going to bring your boat? I live between 2 lakes ;)
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Google fiber has not been doing so well. I think we are still a ways out from having good internet anywhere in the states because it takes a lot of work and money and time to install fiber in a city.
Citing sources close to parent Alphabet, tech-industry news service The Information said high costs of the current, land-based Fiber deployment and a shortfall in subscribers led Alphabet CEO Larry Page to tell Fiber chief Craig Barratt last month to "halve the size of the Google Fiber team to 500 people." Its internal target was to reach 5 million subscribers in five years of its start, but by the end of 2014, it counted only 200,000 broadband subscribers, according to the report.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016 ... /89412388/
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

The mistake they are making is trying to offer wireless services. Which is what Direct TV was doing and why they ended up selling out to ATT, now ATT is suffering with their purchase. Wireless is harder to secure and drops more frequently, which is why it isn't selling well. A hard line will always out due air signals.