Hello fellow Tribers

KILROY

Hello fellow Tribers

Post by KILROY »

I'm going to be gone for awhile my home caught fire yesterday and I lost everything. I have to make a fresh start. I don't know if my cat, Morris made it out, but I did. I lost some old collectibles and some very expensive items. This would happen on the day of my father's passing a year ago. No insurance, and alot of cash, travelers checks, and annuities went also. The Red Cross is taking me in for now till I can get more situated. Wish me luck, and Tribe on!
Synsilliusarian

Re: Hello fellow Tribers

Post by Synsilliusarian »

Oh man I'm really sorry to hear that Kilroy!! I will keep you and your kitty in my prayers! Really hope your cat made it out!!
I'm really sorry to hear about your dad as well.. my sincerest condolences! Again, I will be keeping you in my prayers. I wish you the best my friend. God Bless!!!
assasin

Post by assasin »

That's so sad. Hope Morris got out and things get better.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

Holy shit dude, best of luck to you.

picea_sitchensis

Post by picea_sitchensis »

Wow. I'm so sorry, Kilroy, that's so awful. I hope you get help and things improve soon for you.
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

Oh my gosh, so sorry Kilroy. Take care of yourself.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Quick update...Red Cross has been kind of helpful, but not really. They email you all these forms to use, but to use them you have to print them out to fill them out, and either fax or mail them back. How do you do this when you have nothing left? You'd think for as long they've done this, they would know. So...I was staying with a neighbor for a few days, but I had to leave due to them having their sister visit who they haven't seen for years, and they only have a 20ft. Single wide trailer. So I'm staying at a hotel. The Mgr's nice, knocked off $5 a day & if I paid for 10 days, he gave 1 free day. I had a friend pick me up yesterday and I picked some necessities. Oh BTW...vehicle's are gone also, including some old classic motorcycles. Then went to my residence and spent a few hours rummaging to see what could be salvaged, but couldn't spend too much time due to it getting dark, and my friend is a disabled veteran retired Air Force.

I'm trying to see how much it would cost to rent a RV trailer long term from an emergency trailer rental company. If I can get one at a fair price...then rent a storage container, stay on the property so I can go through the home daily to see what can still be saved to put in the storage container. As for a huge garbage container that holds 2 tons...they want $500 for only 14 days! No way I'm paying that! I'll just toss it all on the ground and deal with it later.

Ghost: As for how the fire started. Not sure. The Fire Marshall, only has assumptions for now.

Man, this is hard to type out on your cell phone. I'd have this done alot sooner on my MSI laptop.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Update: I just bought myself a 2018 Keystone Springdale Summerland 2660RL RV Trailer almost 30 ft. long for $18,000 with new tires on the two axles that they replaced back in February, including the spare. They upgraded the leveling jacks to electric instead of manual, including the exterior awning. They are even giving me some replacement recliners and a leather couch to add to it. The queen bed is even new! And adding extra propane tanks! It's in very good shape! It was being used by the wife's father who was retired and disabled on medical who passed away in March, and has less than 2,700 trip miles on it. Mostly sat in a RV park. It will be delivered Monday, and all I have to do now is the setup. I'm going to go off grid with it, but keep it on my property. Solar setup is also being delivered....a 400w system with 2 lithium batteries for less than $600! Just one of the lithium batteries cost that much or more! I'm going to use the exterior septic tube and hook it to my existing home septic system. Now...I just have to find a way to get water delivered for the fresh water tank that is 52 gallons. I'll be staying in this for now on the property and rent me a storage container to start the cleanup on the house. Once done, I already found a company that is going to remove the large double wide mobile home at no charge. Worked out a deal to give them the frame and axles for the removal. The axles themselves can resale for around $400-$500 each. Once done...I'll be looking at what to sell in the storage container and then have that company pick it up and move it to their storage location for a rental fee per month, until I decide if I'm going to stay with the property, or sale it, including the RV Trailer, and look for something else. Not sure if I'm going to have Spectrum hook up my internet again or not, but they said it could be done for a small fee. I've already been having realtors contact me to see if I want to sale the property, maybe. My neighbor to my left has more property than myself and the value for their property is $646,000. Hope everyone is doing well! Wish me luck and speedy recovery! And Tribe!
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

What a nightmare Kilroy. So happy you are ok and seems like things are coming together for you. Wish you the best and looking forward to you playing again. Take care buddy and keep us updated :)
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

KILROY wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:32 pm Update:

Hey the water tank should not be that big of an issue to fill.

I lived on a property two years ago with no water and I just bought a big ass tank to put in the back of my truck and then the city has a water fill up station where it would cost about one dollar to fill that entire tank, drive it to the property and then repeat like 4-5 times. I would do that maybe twice a month and it was plenty water for everything on the property.

Pretty much every city has a local fill up you probably just need to call the city and ask where you can buy the city water. If you don't have a truck you can have a service where they come deliver it to you monthly.

Also if the property values are increasing so much each year I don't see why you would want to sell the property right now, but I guess I understand wanting a fresh start away from that place if it's bothering you that much about what happened. Good luck brother