vistalize

Re: Base cloaking device [please vote]

Post by vistalize »

i vote take that shit out its annoying
EvilTree{OZ}
S2minute

Post by S2minute »

Hey , i think it was prob a different mod but, there was a different cloking devise. It was MUCH smaller. It started with the letter A i think. It was cool...and i believe it could only be set outside but you could daisy chain them?? Maybe we can remove the current one here and replace it with that?
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I would not mind if it was gone. I hate when someone sets one of these and then I have no idea where the friggen jump pads are at because they are invisible so I am hopping all around trying to find it. Also when someone sets one before the d is even up and you are trying to cover lasers that you can't even see. I really think it helps the enemy team more than your own when you deploy one.
<!>dr@co

Post by <!>dr@co »

maybe we should try to see if we could set it on an enemy base to see if it helps the attack, and fix the coding for it to where it cannot be set on your base?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

It looks like we're going to go with the cloak players but not objects option.
<!>dr@co

Post by <!>dr@co »

ok can you fix it where it don't slwly add damage ? if you set it and forget about it it will destroy itself
Wise Man

Post by Wise Man »

I agree with a modification/removal of the current cloaking device. I believe it helps the team more by cloaking players, not the objects. If I remember the code correctly, this can be done.

I also recommend keeping the size the same, as well as removing the self-damaging bug, if possible.
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

SAND wrote:take teh one from havoc. you place it on the object you want to cloak and you can only buy like 4 to 6 cloaking devices
Good idea. As an old HaVoC player, I really miss the individual cloaks.

On high altitude maps I used to set up a tractor turret on a deployable platform in mid air and cloak them both. It was fun to watch the enemies get yanked off the base and plunge to their deaths.
bo'sdad

Post by bo'sdad »

SAND wrote:take teh one from havoc. you place it on the object you want to cloak and you can only buy like 4 to 6 cloaking devices
good point sand, that one is great, also for snipers, make it so it only cloak a small area. then there would be two in the game and it wouldnt disrupt other players.
bo'sdad

Post by bo'sdad »

having it cloak players seems to be the biggest part of the problem. if it was limited to a small area or settable like the havoc one's, that would help keep cloaking where it is needed and not cloak the whole base. I use them , but set them far from the base to cloak defenses that I set.