BUGS BUGS BUGS

perrinoia
Site Admin

BUGS BUGS BUGS

Post by perrinoia »

Can we get these fixed, please?

I'll provide a list, in order of priority, in case you aren't already aware.

1) Stasis glitch (allows you to carry weapons and packs with the wrong armor, such as angels with nukes or ghosts with pitchforks)
2) Repair glitch (makes base objects and some deployables indestructible)
3) Ghost glitch (allows you to rapid fire any weapon without using it's ammo)
4) Station glitch (allows you to deploy stations so the little station turret thing is on the other side of a wall, or under the terrain)
5) Power bug (solar panel doesn't power anything, and generator doesn't power anything that was deployed before it)
6) Remote bug (can't remote control anything except OS, and command stations are useless)

I just got banned by bo'sdad for using #4, and getting sassy with him.

Plasmatic has already released a fix for #1, I fixed #2 in the old BR, and <!>Sand fixed #4 in his server.
#5 and 6 are unique to the BR server... Not a problem in ANY other version of Annihilation, so fixing them should be as simple as comparing the Legendz mod to any official release of annihilation.

The only one that should be difficult to fix is #3.

Also, this isn't really a bug, but if you made det pack more expensive, you wouldn't see meteor showers of them nearly as often as you currently do.
<!>Cat 3000

Re: BUGS BUGS BUGS

Post by <!>Cat 3000 »

Someone shoted me with stasis and i got paralysed (or something). I killed myself and i got warrior weapons with chameleon armor and invisibility.
<!>BlackCat'
Xfire: ccat3000
Tribes Ascend: Cat3000
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Exactly, Cat. Half of these bugs occur frequently, by accident. That is how they were discovered. Admins shouldn't have to police things that can be prevented.

I'll post the fixes myself if I have to.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

If you wanted to start coding for Br, you would have my vote.

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Well, I'm sure I've lost the trust of those in power to give me the appropriate access, so I'll just post the fixes and start hosting a fixed server to demonstrate.
I've gotta work tonight, and have no idea what my schedule looks like for the rest of the week, but it shouldn't take too long to fix up the old copy of legendz I still have.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

OK, since my last post, I've coded fixes for numbers 1-4.

#1-3 each required 1 line of code to fix.

#4 required 1 line of code copied 4 or 5 times to fix.

It's time to go to work and I haven't tested any of these fixes, but I'm positive the first 3 will work. They're too simple to fail, and I've fixed them before.

Any who, depending on my work schedule, I'll work on this some more later.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

I dont like Sands inventory placement fix. i like to put my invo close to the wall so it only takes a few ff to protect it instead of 6 blast walls.
Temtation is a mofo tho for some people.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

My fix merely checks if there is terrain or buildings in between the two zappy turrets... If so, you can't deploy it there. Otherwise, it's the same as before.

Thus, you can't deploy it with one zappy thing on one side of a wall, and the other zappy thing on the other side of a wall....

In fact, neither zappy thing can be in a wall, let alone on the other side of the wall...

However, they could be a little less than half way in the wall.

So, you could look directly at the edge between the floor and the wall, and theoretically deploy the station there, as long as you were aiming absolutely perpendicular to that edge. Thus, the center of the station would be obscured inside of the wall while the two pillars on either side housing the zappy turrets would be exposed.. Thus only one or two blast walls would be required to obscure the whole station.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Code: Select all

// Check if terrain or buildings will be between the zappy turrets. -perrinoia 
	%rot = GameBase::getRotation(%player);
	if(getLOSInfo(vector::add($LOS::Position, rotateVector("2.16 -0.5 1.4", %rot)), vector::add($LOS::Position, rotateVector("-2.2 -0.5 1.4", %rot)), $SimTerrainObjectType | $SimInteriorObjectType))
	{
		Client::sendMessage(%client, 0, "Station will not fit there.");
		return false;
	}
Last edited by perrinoia on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.