Pitchfork ideas.

S_hift

Pitchfork ideas.

Post by S_hift »

I have an idea. How about players with less than 5,000 kills just simply cannot use the pitchfork. This means they have two weeks to learn how other people do it and watch them before they are allowed with the great responsibility of setting defense. With the acceptation of admins.

another pitchfork suggestion. Why not just have it auto lock things? And then have a trusted option for people on your team that you can trust to move it incase it gets put in the way. I was thinking of something like #trustedplyr: name goes here

I had a match compromised today because some new players didn't know how to access the zappy inventories. So they moved the blast-walls. Then one of them moved a laser box I had near the base entrance keeping the heavy armors out. I understand that the lock option was added to avoid the frustration but when the base is getting rushed there really is not enough time to just lock it. I have to set the defense fast and go set more somewhere else.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Erowid
Site Admin

Re: Pitchfork ideas.

Post by Erowid »

the 5,000 kills one would screw up guys with kill counts that reset. i like the idea of trusted player tho, something like untouchable admin rank. any admin could grant it and then once the known and trusted player has been added he could then use the pitchfork.

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

good point on the kill count. maybe a vote option to strip a particular players pitchfork. If its a trusted player vote it wont pass for them.
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Thats heck of a lot of coding. I mean i do like the idea but is it practicable. Unless its done manually threw a admin rank.
bo'sdad

Post by bo'sdad »

you can already use the pitch fork to weld items. then team mates cant move them, only the person that set it and an admin can move it. this keeps players from moving your stuff, but allows base blockers to make it a bigger problem for the team if they block the base. but, it is already coded in the game.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

That's why there needs to be a trusted list. People who can do the right thing with deployables. For the rest of the players they just can't move anyone else but their own. It needs to be added pronto.

Also I never base block and rarely base block the enemy. It is a cheap and cowardly tactic that shouldn't be used ever. I usually just rape the other team into dropping or going obs till the map changes. Then cap out to shuffle the teams again.

I'll add that the shuffle needs to do it in a methodical manner. I think team shuffling should be done by kill count and player rank. A ranking system that divides the players among the teams evenly.

Not only will the ranking system encourage better play. But it will also make the majority of the players strive to play harder. It will also bring more people into the server in hopes of developing a reputation as an "Elite" player.
bo'sdad

Post by bo'sdad »

we already have this trusted list. the admins can move things when needed. to give only certain players this would create more of a problem then a solution. most of the other player would scream that they needed the ability and probably quit playing the server. the way it is now, admins can correct any problems and all players have a fair chance at playing the game. this way we can still police our own admins and dont have to deal with more complaints of trusted players abusing there power. as always, we ask that if there is a problem please let an admin know and he or she can correct it. and I already know what is going to be said next, well what if no admin are playing ? well, that would be the same even if we had the ( trusted players ) they will not always be playing either. if your suggesting we just give it to the 2 or 3 players with the highest ranking of each game, that would create a really big abuse problem. we would never know who had it or when.
the admins have the ability your talking about already and as far as I know, we are not looking for anymore admins at this time.
(S1)G]-[0ST

Post by (S1)G]-[0ST »

Why not just make an admin option to strip pitchforks from someone who is BKing? Not a lot of coding and it would prevent noobs like GreatShark from running around moving blast walls at their leisure.

Hello Btw 8-)
bo'sdad

Post by bo'sdad »

we have that also.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

this trusted list contains ONLY admins. I'm talking about players without admin. Who are responsible enough to know what to do with said deployables. Stop dodging the subject. I was very clear what the problem was.

I highly doubt that they would quit playing in the server first because its a noob edit with specific damage variables for the masses and second they think that its the official edit of annihilation because everyone just plays there.

Also it wouldn't be an abuse problem. It would just be fair. See I think you're getting a little power trip from all this "I'm owner admin" status.

Stop claiming a hierarchy through some sort republic tribes committee position and let the players truly decide. After all these updates not a single one of them has been deemed acceptable by the actual community. Just the admins.

And might I add that these updates are diminishing the skill sets. The whole one repair kit to heal an inventory? That's really lame in my opinion. All a player needs to do to save themselves from base rape is one repair kit to the solar panel or one repiar kit to the generator and one respawn to fully repair it again.

The point I'm trying to make is. This community that has been built actually doesn't even benefit the community, just the people in charge. Its being treated like the most exclusive social club. Some of you have actually forgot that you need to make the game fair for the noobs, but just as equally tolerable for the veterans as well. Yes the learning curve is steep. But there is and never was no need to smooth out that learning curve because that is what made Tribes and Annihilation a great game and a great mod.

When I say make it fair. I mean the responsible individuals who know how to play the game and mod. Let the new players work to earn it as well. People are always gonna cry admin abuse. Just like noobs are always gonna cry happy mod. Nothing is gonna be done about it so just let them assume what they want.