Server Player Stats/Ranking

SGT ROCK

Server Player Stats/Ranking

Post by SGT ROCK »

I'm no coder so I may be pissin in the wind here but... How about a server script to rank players? I think it might be possible to track some stats and come up with some attributes that determine a players value according to a set of rules. Some attributes like shot distance, who's best with this or that weapon, best capper, perhaps set the laser turrets to count as defensive kills ( those show up currently as Mid Air shots in some stats now if they catch an opponent off the ground, correct?), pilot kills, flag defender, etc.. I'm thinking it would be really be a neat add to the server menu (tab) and keep a monthly, yearly and all time ranking also (top 25 or 50 or ?). The "rules" could be determined via committee as to what ranks a player above another and I feel there could be some great ideas as to what this and that in game event is worth in the script's ranking values. There's stat's now but I'm talking about ranking players here... ??? It would give players another good reason to play often, fair and well. Bounce that around inside yer cranial cavity and get back to me eh.... lol
Beavis

Re: Server Player Stats/Ranking

Post by Beavis »

2 in 1 screen shot. fish playing dodge ball. And I didn't set any D..
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

If you never had any D only explanation is; sometimes when someone sets D and that person drops I think it gives that D to the next person to join in after that person dropped.
virus

Post by virus »

Then again, at 528yards, turrets don't sense at that great a distance.
[NHOP]Virus
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

528 "Meters" = 577.428 Yards
I've never seen a last turret fire that far and the particle beam turret is no longer an option is it...
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

virus

Post by virus »

Yards, meters... You get my point. Even if it was measured in feet, its still too far for a turret.
[NHOP]Virus
f0xL3g3nD :)

Post by f0xL3g3nD :) »

Fish breaks more rules than the modern day cheater. He must beable to suck some good dick to still be around.
>.> Looks towards Bo's way
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Lol
EvilTree{OZ}
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

virus wrote:Yards, meters... You get my point. Even if it was measured in feet, its still too far for a turret.

please explain coders,that's a long shot. even for Crow..lol

SGT ROCK wrote:528 "Meters" = 577.428 Yards
I've never seen a last turret fire that far and the particle beam turret is no longer an option is it...
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Well this could be a case where because you didn't set any defense, their turrets were auto~assigned to you; but they act as a mobile transmission..
I.E; wherever you stand via the target is the # in yards / meters that will be shown. (Instead of your laser via the target)