Suggestion and a thank you.

PoisonousFish

Re: Suggestion and a thank you.

Post by PoisonousFish »

Thanks. =)
"I like your outfit! My mother just picked the same one up yesterday." Bang!
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

PoisonousFish wrote:
'][']-[RiLL3R wrote:I know that this is a suggestion thread but I can't help but think how cold hearted people are! The man just lost his brother and not one of you show sympathy or respect!
Thriller of course it is tragic, however he needs to be comforted by friends and family and people who know him personally.

Saying to someone I'm sorry for your loss on a forum seems like a very empty petty thing to do to someone who is in agony.

I prefer to show respect by not saying anything in this situation.. Sometimes silence is best.

It isn't the fact that no one cares, it is the fact that it is hard to think of anything you can say to that person which will ease their suffering. Healing takes a long time.

Furthermore, you are making the situation worse by making those comments. This is no time to start a fight with people on a thread such as this.

Will it make him feel better by saying what cold hearted evil people we are? How is that going to help him?

Consider your worlds carefully.
I appreciate Thriller's sentiment, thanks again btw! (So it's not really "empty or petty, I took it the right way I think which was simply a condolence) However I really didn't mean to elicit sympathy either, Fish is very correct I have people around me for that. I appreciate what you said too Fish. I'm actually sorry I brought it up because of that, you get caught up emotionally at times like that and well I probably should have said it another way. I intended to point out that this game we all feel is worth saving and continuing on with has been a great way to take a break from our daily problems, we're all people (for the most part) on the other end of that line.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

As far as the suggestion part of the post, I thought it a good idea is all. If you think it would help as I do it may be worth more effort but you guys know the nuts of bolts of the game far far better than I do, so I leave it to you. As I tried to explain it's "something to play for" and that's the main reason I think it would be helpful. I see you guys do so much with new mods, maps, etc. I just thought it worth consideration. Thanks...
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

'][']-[RiLL3R

Post by '][']-[RiLL3R »

Yes, Fish you're right, he does has family and friends to comfort him. But it still helps/means a lot to know that people on Tribes care too.
"Find a Job You Love and You'll Never Work a Day in Your Life"
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Right now the closest thing to this is to register your name on the server, login each time you play and type #stats playername in the chat to track your overall kills and deaths. I talked to Crow awhile back about the possibility of having player stats automatically posted and updated somehow on the forums and if I remember correctly I think he did seem to think it would be possible, but said we would need the help of someone who likely works on websites to accomplish it.

Just know that even if we did have a leader board of stats posted it would never be an accurate measure of any players actual worth or talent in the game. It would simply be an interesting way to keep track of yours and others total flag captures, mid airs, kills and deaths logged by the server regardless of the circumstances in which they were earned.

Maybe we can come up with something.
justR

Post by justR »

iirc texas's idea was to track the percentage of games you won, which while vague as you could do absolutely nothing and be on the winning team a percentage of the time, it would be something death666 mentioned above, a nice gauge of a player's worth, although not absolute. I know nothing of code but if the server can track kills/deaths this would be the same, wins/losses and just turn those totals into a percentage that could show the same way kills/deaths do when you type the #stats playername. (Although I think it'd be better if it showed on tab.)

imo this would be more accurate to a players worth than specific stats (as you don't know the circumstances) and the overall point is winning the map. so If I get 50 kills for example, and our team loses 6-0, what good were those 50 kills? On the other side, a player on the other team with 5 kills but who set defense and kept the flag blocked/gens up would be more valuable since his team won.

This kind statistic would heavily favor players like Firefox, Treadstone, Texas, Death666, Scarecrow [for good reason] but it would also get players like me to try harder to win maps instead of focus on most kills/points [due to ego!]

EDIT: My 2nd paragraph is a vague example, many times a player with 50 kills on a losing team is more valuable than most on the winning team if not all, just not always.
justR

Post by justR »

This could also help even out teams at the start of maps, adjust them to have as equal a % overall on both teams as possible. Probably unrealistic but a nice idea.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

'][']-[RiLL3R wrote:I know that this is a suggestion thread but I can't help but think how cold hearted people are! The man just lost his brother and not one of you show sympathy or respect!
Thank you thriller
I'm sorry to hear that sarge.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Beavis wrote:
Thank you thriller
I'm sorry to hear that sarge.
Thanks Beavis, good of you man !