Suggestion and a thank you.

SGT ROCK

Suggestion and a thank you.

Post by SGT ROCK »

You guys should really have a running... "Top Ranked Players" Thread on here/somewhere. You all want to help tribes survive and thrive, well I'm telling ya I think that would help. Make it clear cheaters will be eliminated... caught one time and you're out of the running for a year? six months?

If it can't be done by using stats from the server perhaps the admins could vote with their votes carrying a certain amount of points and then perhaps allow players themselves to vote. (or just admins)

There's just not enough to form the clans needed for matches at this point so this would really give players something else to strive for or achieve. I wish I had more time to play and help out but I still hope to help by throwing a few ideas out now and then.

I'd like to thank the players I played with tonight, it was great fun. I lost my brother Saturday and I've had a really rough few days here, he was a great guy. It was good to play though and I can't tell you how many times you've helped me escape my problems by being there to play this game with. Thanks!
'][']-[RiLL3R

Re: Suggestion and a thank you.

Post by '][']-[RiLL3R »

I am sooooo sorry to hear that, Sarge!!!
"Find a Job You Love and You'll Never Work a Day in Your Life"
justR

Post by justR »

ReV|texas has brought up this idea a few times, and it's a pretty good idea. Unfortunately, [according to Black Sheep who knows what he's talking about] it's not really possible since the database needed to keep track of all games and stats is a bit unrealistic due to the amount of information that would be needed to tracked for such a thing.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Thanks Thriller, good of you man! Maybe only track games that reach a certain number of players? Can always do the vote thing... Let admins pick nominees and community vote or just let the admins rank em... ???
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Well, admins (or whoever) would probably need to set some criteria to cover different player styles. Some players like rolo and I rape people for most of our points. People like texas and firefox focus on capping the flag and are pretty efficient at it.

Admin Poll
Community Poll
Computer Stats

Sounds like the BCS, but probably our best option since I don't see a tourney ever happening. Even in a 1v1 tourney, you can't really judge a person's ability on how they play as part of a team. You could run a mockup poll here on the forums just to see how the community feels, thought I think half if not more the community do not visit the forums.
justR

Post by justR »

Even then imo it wouldn't be very accurate. Take for example if Beavis pulls off a hard ghost cap on a pub where people are actually playing defense and his team wins 1-0 vs. a pub where no one is paying attention to the flag and someone like Speedy spawn caps out a map because no one is paying attention to him. The difference matters although stat wise like that you wouldn't be able to tell. (Just an example.)
PoisonousFish

Post by PoisonousFish »

justR wrote:Even then imo it wouldn't be very accurate. Take for example if Beavis pulls off a hard ghost cap on a pub where people are actually playing defense and his team wins 1-0 vs. a pub where no one is paying attention to the flag and someone like Speedy spawn caps out a map because no one is paying attention to him. The difference matters although stat wise like that you wouldn't be able to tell. (Just an example.)
It also wouldn't be accurate because even though I don't normally play that much, when I do actually play for real I'm very good. =)
"I like your outfit! My mother just picked the same one up yesterday." Bang!
'][']-[RiLL3R

Post by '][']-[RiLL3R »

I know that this is a suggestion thread but I can't help but think how cold hearted people are! The man just lost his brother and not one of you show sympathy or respect!
"Find a Job You Love and You'll Never Work a Day in Your Life"
PoisonousFish

Post by PoisonousFish »

'][']-[RiLL3R wrote:I know that this is a suggestion thread but I can't help but think how cold hearted people are! The man just lost his brother and not one of you show sympathy or respect!
Thriller of course it is tragic, however he needs to be comforted by friends and family and people who know him personally.

Saying to someone I'm sorry for your loss on a forum seems like a very empty petty thing to do to someone who is in agony.

I prefer to show respect by not saying anything in this situation.. Sometimes silence is best.

It isn't the fact that no one cares, it is the fact that it is hard to think of anything you can say to that person which will ease their suffering. Healing takes a long time.

Furthermore, you are making the situation worse by making those comments. This is no time to start a fight with people on a thread such as this.

Will it make him feel better by saying what cold hearted evil people we are? How is that going to help him?

Consider your worlds carefully.
"I like your outfit! My mother just picked the same one up yesterday." Bang!
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Couldn't agree more Fish.