DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Jail

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Reason to keep/remove.
virus

Re: Jail

Post by virus »

The jails do suck, but it creates a mood for the mod. How about we increase the chance for the malfunctioning jailgun so it happens more frequently and just keep it? Even though I hate it and never use it, the community is filled with those who enjoy it and we need to keep as many as we can around.
[NHOP]Virus
'][']-[RiLL3R

Post by '][']-[RiLL3R »

virus wrote:The jails do suck, but it creates a mood for the mod. How about we increase the chance for the malfunctioning jailgun so it happens more frequently and just keep it? Even though I hate it and never use it, the community is filled with those who enjoy it and we need to keep as many as we can around.
+1. :clap: :ttup:
"Find a Job You Love and You'll Never Work a Day in Your Life"
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

virus wrote:The jails do suck, but it creates a mood for the mod. How about we increase the chance for the malfunctioning jailgun so it happens more frequently and just keep it? Even though I hate it and never use it, the community is filled with those who enjoy it and we need to keep as many as we can around.
I also agree with this. Just seeing what people here think. I might make an in game poll as well to see what the mass thinks.

I voted other because of this.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

:ttdown: I voted no there dumb and cause ruckess I also am not a fan of Cham.
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

make it destroyable.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Beavis wrote:make it destroyable.
At the very least make it destroyable. :bump:
I voted no to get rid of it. Maybe I misunderstood the meaning? At any rate as I've said before it's just a tool for abuse because it pisses people off (not just me). After I said that of course and somewhat still I get quite a few that just make it their job to jail me because of what I said. So wth... it doesn't bother me that much anymore.. but still it's a total waste of my time, no it's not that long but it's NOT what I come in the server for. Everyone in this thread that speaks of how much they dislike it will also most likely face a lot MORE of it too. I have limited playing time and DO NOT wish to spend any of it WAITING to play. Sometimes if I'm jailed I will drop because I don't have much time left and if someone or a few are on that jailing kick it's just a waste of my time to play the game. There's no sense in getting pissy about it because it's of no avail. Plain and simple though it's a total waste of my time and it bears no real strategic advantage other than to deprive a player of playing time. I've rarely seen it help a team gain a real advantage. If you want to transport me out of the action to a far corner of the map fine but don't make me WAIT to play the game. People do LEAVE the server because of it.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Alright, the Jail finally...

So there's a few things. It is a useful tool, and because of that it's a double edged sword in how annoying
it can actually be to players. The Jail gets rid of those people who literally will just turtle in their base the entire map
just reconstructing defenses. If someone hiding in their base the whole map isn't annoying, then I don't know what is.

While I agree that Jailing can get annoying, it's not very hard to avoid it either. I think some changes could be made to, "compliment," people who are overly agitated by it, but also still have a reasonable enough power to those who actually use it constructively.

I think forcing the Cham. to wear something such as a, "Jailer's Pack," would balance this out incredibly. The reason people get so pissed off with Jailing is because Cham's can literally just use a Chameleon pack, and spam the Jail Gun all day. If we eliminate the fact that they can sneak around any type of defense, and jail, and limit it to the fact that they have to literally be sneaky, I think we would finally get somewhere with this long debated topic. (I also think making things like the Jail Tower / Air Base(possibly) themselves able to be destroyed. What sort of deploy-able can't be destroyed? -_-)

Either way, just throwing this out there ;)
:bdance:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

What lawlz said. I honestly hate the jail. There is nothing fun about being taken out of the game for 30 seconds. If we ever do get a new player this thing is the best way to make them leave and never come around again. If it can be destroyed there also needs to be a cooldown before it can be deployed again.
virus

Post by virus »

Lawlz wrote: I think forcing the Cham. to wear something such as a, "Jailer's Pack," would balance this out incredibly. The reason people get so pissed off with Jailing is because Cham's can literally just use a Chameleon pack, and spam the Jail Gun all day. If we eliminate the fact that they can sneak around any type of defense, and jail, and limit it to the fact that they have to literally be sneaky, I think we would finally get somewhere with this long debated topic. (I also think making things like the Jail Tower / Air Base(possibly) themselves able to be destroyed. What sort of deploy-able can't be destroyed? -_-)
That seems like a good idea. Plus letting it malfunction more. :)
[NHOP]Virus