No
37%
Other
37%

Total votes: 19

DaRk

Re: Jail

Post by DaRk »

Izza is good. I need to duel this guy more. You should come TD sometime in Argh's Lunch.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Crow, get on this dammit.
Make Jail Towers destroyable at least for now @_@
justR

Post by justR »

Lawlz wrote:Just a quick reminder.
I'm still arena king.
:roll:
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

:younoob:
justR wrote:
Lawlz wrote:Just a quick reminder.
I'm still arena king.
:nod:
justR

Post by justR »

In the arena you are my queen and Crow is my jester
vav
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

i voted no, simply because I think its rather useless and really doesn't really do anything aside from occupying people from actually defending or attacking objectives.

I did have an idea for other. Make the jailers gun have two options elf and jail mode. Elf mode would basically be like shocking grasp. The jailing mode would have to have certain conditions to be used. Like the cham pack cannot be activated or it must have a full energy cell to use, both of which would work fine.

Jails should be destroyable from within and from outside. But they must also be repairable. I'm certain all of this can be done without having to edit much.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Remember the original jail cell? It was entirely made of static shapes, no interior shapes. Every piece of it could be destroyed, and it would take 2 nuke turret rounds to erase the whole thing from existence.

But it couldn't be replaced. Once a team built one jail, you had to wait until the next map to deploy another, and jailing gun continued to work even after the jail was destroyed, teleporting people outside of their base. Plus, it's deploy code was wonky, so you could deploy it under the broadsides base and it would block the lower entrance, trapping everyone in the base.

Personally, I think the jail tower and the air base should be combined into one drop ship. Specifically "bedrop" (the one that looks like a giant wing, with a cockpit).

You could put the vehicle station in the cockpit, the vehicle pad on the roof, generators in that room that contains a warp core, and 4 force field doors on the 3rd floor, that looks like a hallway with 4 closets.

Each closet could be a jail cell, and the jail gun would malfunction when all 4 cells are occupied, or the drop ship generators are destroyed.

Pros: You can jail enemies predictably, clearing out the enemy base so you can rape without distractions.
Cons: Your prisoners will probably destroy your drop ship when they are released.

Also, for the deploy code, start with a deploy check like 1000 meters high, then create the ship and descend, running containerBoxFillSet each time, until it finds something, and then that's where the ship stays until someone destroys it... (Also use getLOSInfo to find maximum terrain height at any point under the ship).

So you don't have to deploy it on terrain, you could deploy it on your base, or even inside your base, and then it would descend until it is resting on top of something.

Also, the ship's exterior should have a few turrets making it difficult for enemies to attack, but if they are jailed, it should be easy to rape from within, unless a builder fills it with turrets.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Also, the server should remember IP addresses of those who are jailed until their sentence is over, and check if the client's IP address should be in jail when a player spawns, just in case they reconnect or switch teams in an attempt to thwart the warden.