Balance ideas

S_hift

Balance ideas

Post by S_hift »

main idea

I have a suggestion for disabled base rape. The server should not allow deployable use unless more than 3vs3

I believe this will encourage players to explore other armors and learn how to fight and practice dueling and flag running instead of farming turrets and protecting things that can't be killed anyway. Things like this further fuels the idea that annihilation is a noobs mod.

If they feel the need to practice setting defense they should be encouraged to try in other annihilation servers, so that they can learn how to do it correctly without causing clutter and hindering their own team.

Other ideas for balance.

- allow chameleon assassin to pick up flags if they are wearing a repair pack or energy pack.
- give chameleon assassin 3 beacons instead of 5
- Make the minigun overheat (energy is used as coolant/energy drain).
- remove vulcan bullet option from vulcan. its already powerful and resembles renegades vulcan.
- remove laser rifle from troll and give to cham, wtf were you thinking anyway??? Give it a chargeable option that is proportion to its energy bar. (use warp.bmp as the laser bmp)
- have the minibomber fire grenade models instead of mortar shell models. This is purely for visual aesthetics but a grenade launcher type weapon should never fire a friken mortar shell anyway.
- thumper could be such a great addition to the mod it has a lot of potential but its still a garbage weapon. If the base grenade launcher can mid air targets so can the thumper. Look there to seek answers.
- Boi feedback gun needs to leech enemies of their armor. (angel)
- Nova pack should spoof shotgun projectiles to protect from incoming OS. (rename to flare pack maybe?)
- concentrate shotgun cone a tad bit maybe more people will use it to kill campers.
- bring back the timer options for cham bombs and (use one or six keys to change time).
- increase damage scale slightly for the grappler (angel).
- Increase maxdamage for vehicles give them same health as a forcefield.
- Give the fighter vehicle a chaingun instead of a missile launcher. (make dog fighting more fun!)
- Make a new weapon only for the warrior. (AR-15) a pun on recent gun laws. Make it a assault rifle style weapon zero spread same bullet damage as the stock base chaingun. weapon models would be a plasma rifle infused with a sniper rifle to make it look like an assault weapon. Bullet trails should be bullet.dts
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
S_hift

Re: Balance ideas

Post by S_hift »

bump discussion? good ideas what the fuk guys
browneyes

Post by browneyes »

thumper needs more bouncy! so i can use it instead of rocket launcher when im go rush
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

yea ill have to add it. I made the thumper just for that reason. Rocket isn't too bad though I suppose. I might edit for kill/ma. I'll test a few things out.

PS: Your list is good, I just haven't had a chance to really touch base on it. I'll get to it.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

wow shut the fuck up ghost
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I laughed...
S_hift wrote:The server should not allow deployable use unless more than 3vs3
:tup: I like this idea, but disable flag captures, too. It drives me nuts when I'm capping out the mission and realize there are no enemies, because all of the losers switched to arena.
S_hift wrote:allow chameleon assassin to pick up flags if they are wearing a repair pack or energy pack
:ttdown: No way, then they'll just sneak in, drop pack, and steal flag.
S_hift wrote:give chameleon assassin 3 beacons instead of 5
:ttup:
S_hift wrote:Make the minigun overheat (energy is used as coolant/energy drain)
:roll: Or, just make it not railgun accurate.
S_hift wrote:remove vulcan bullet option from vulcan. its already powerful and resembles renegades vulcan
:ttdown:
S_hift wrote:remove laser rifle from troll and give to cham, wtf were you thinking anyway??? Give it a chargeable option that is proportion to its energy bar. (use warp.bmp as the laser bmp)
:?: Troll had laser? :nup: Give to Cham? :ttdown:
S_hift wrote:have the minibomber fire grenade models instead of mortar shell models. This is purely for visual aesthetics but a grenade launcher type weapon should never fire a friken mortar shell anyway
S_hift wrote:thumper could be such a great addition to the mod it has a lot of potential but its still a garbage weapon. If the base grenade launcher can mid air targets so can the thumper. Look there to seek answers
:tup: Make it a weapon mode for minibomber.
S_hift wrote:Boi feedback gun needs to leech enemies of their armor. (angel)
:huh: You mean like shocking grasp?
S_hift wrote:Nova pack should spoof shotgun projectiles to protect from incoming OS. (rename to flare pack maybe?)
:shok: Oh, is that what it is for?
S_hift wrote:concentrate shotgun cone a tad bit maybe more people will use it to kill campers
:trolol: Replace the projectiles with vulcan projectiles, while you're at it.
S_hift wrote:bring back the timer options for cham bombs and (use one or six keys to change time)
S_hift wrote:increase damage scale slightly for the grappler (angel)
:shh: It's fine, as is.
S_hift wrote:Increase maxdamage for vehicles give them same health as a forcefield
:fpalm: Did S']['U make you post that?
S_hift wrote:Give the fighter vehicle a chaingun instead of a missile launcher. (make dog fighting more fun!)
:hbeat: As long as it's not the rapid fire missile launcher thing that it used to be...
S_hift wrote:Make a new weapon only for the warrior. (AR-15) a pun on recent gun laws. Make it a assault rifle style weapon zero spread same bullet damage as the stock base chaingun. weapon models would be a plasma rifle infused with a sniper rifle to make it look like an assault weapon. Bullet trails should be bullet.dts
:ttdown: It already has a fucking minigun, and I think crow hit the datablock limit, already.