Annihilation Training Courses

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Annihilation Training Courses

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I talked a little about this before, but yes.. Training courses that can be spawned in during match, so players can better learn armors / weapons.

Need someone to make the strait stretch course. I can do any code work required to make it run. I just need the bases as a template to work with.

Example using necro.

..Ghost through this wall.............Swap places with this bot........Go invisible to pass by this turret
________|_________________________8_____________________________(T)_____________________________etc______________
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Annihilation Training Courses

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Any ideas welcome also.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Pitchfork your way past the enemy defenses... lol
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

This is very needed.
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Flag Retrieval...

Combination of skeet shooting and flag hunter objective.
Bots respawn with flags and get flung in the air.
You have to kill them and collect the flags they drop for points.
Bonus points for mid-air retrievals.
virus

Post by virus »

perrinoia wrote:Flag Retrieval...

Combination of skeet shooting and flag hunter objective.
Bots respawn with flags and get flung in the air.
You have to kill them and collect the flags they drop for points.
Bonus points for mid-air retrievals.
Sounds like the Dog Tags kills from BF/COD.
[NHOP]Virus
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I'm thinking for this, a long stretch of iblocks, with various obstacles on each one (set of 8), suited for the armor it's being made for.

Ghost still thinking about taking this project on?

Perr maybe?

Virus maybe?

Shift.... maybe?

idk...

I'd be able to spawn maybe 2 at a time, so only 2 players can use at the same time, but still good enough for the purpose required. Just teach new players the quick basics of each armor.

Had to spend a good hour the other day teaching an ascend player, who was trying the game out, how to use some of the armors. Spent more, and many more times over all teaching new players. Not everyone this kind in server though.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Lol ghost right when I was making this post....

And spawning the courses like arena is spawned. I now have 8 points to play with, so I can spawn multiple shit if need be. Ezest just to keep it all in game server, and use center print / bottom print for talking with player.

Functions would still be easy to code in, no matter the position / etc. All functions just made for the single client. Closed courses preferred. Long hall of iblock, and keeping in mind we will need static shapes in the necro course for the room that ghost will be explained.

If there any function you cant make, then just make the room, and explain to me what you would like for it to do. Just take notes for each room. I'm thinking maybe 2-8 rooms per armor depending on what needs to be explained. Maybe start the whole course off with a freeze(%client); and give trainee a general explanation first on armors core roles / best uses. The rooms with obstacles following that.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:Lol ghost right when I was making this post....

And spawning the courses like arena is spawned. I now have 8 points to play with, so I can spawn multiple shit if need be. Ezest just to keep it all in game server, and use center print / bottom print for talking with player.

Functions would still be easy to code in, no matter the position / etc. All functions just made for the single client. Closed courses preferred. Long hall of iblock, and keeping in mind we will need static shapes in the necro course for the room that ghost will be explained.

If there any function you cant make, then just make the room, and explain to me what you would like for it to do. Just take notes for each room. I'm thinking maybe 2-8 rooms per armor depending on what needs to be explained. Maybe start the whole course off with a freeze(%client); and give trainee a general explanation first on armors core roles / best uses. The rooms with obstacles following that.
Bump, i added more.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

One thing I want to do with this, is keep the instruction format uniform throughout each training mission. For instance, I intend to issue target commands, utilizing the last line of the regular chat hud, and compass/radar waypoints.

I'll post a sample of those codes when I get home from the hospital, or maybe after I get some sleep.

PS: Fuck kidney stones!