Base Cloaking Device

{SW}SkyWalker

Re: Base Cloaking Device

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

dawn wrote:treat people as you have them treat you!
Amen I have found a new Friend. :yahoo: :zig: :drinkz:
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It is not possible to make objects invisible to only one team... They are either invisible, or not, period.

The problem with the base cloaking device is that it cloaks your defenses, making it difficult as hell to deploy defenses, and sometimes even difficult to get out of the base.

I've seen trolls deploy missile turrets inside the base (which used to be against the deploy restrictions), and a base cloak so teammates can't see them... Then players bump into the invisible object that is completely blocking the hallway, and when they inevitably shoot the invisible object, it blows up and kills them.

The solutions are simple:
1) Deploy check for friendly flag, if the flag is in the cloak field, you can't deploy it. This means the base cloak cannot be deployed in your own base, but can, and should be deployed near the enemy base. This helps your offensive game, rather than your defensive game, and you'd probably need to rename the device from "base cloaking device", to just "cloaking device".
2) Make it so missile turrets cannot be deployed indoors, again.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

perrinoia wrote:It is not possible to make objects invisible to only one team... They are either invisible, or not, period.

The problem with the base cloaking device is that it cloaks your defenses, making it difficult as hell to deploy defenses, and sometimes even difficult to get out of the base.

I've seen trolls deploy missile turrets inside the base (which used to be against the deploy restrictions), and a base cloak so teammates can't see them... Then players bump into the invisible object that is completely blocking the hallway, and when they inevitably shoot the invisible object, it blows up and kills them.

The solutions are simple:
1) Deploy check for friendly flag, if the flag is in the cloak field, you can't deploy it. This means the base cloak cannot be deployed in your own base, but can, and should be deployed near the enemy base. This helps your offensive game, rather than your defensive game, and you'd probably need to rename the device from "base cloaking device", to just "cloaking device".
2) Make it so missile turrets cannot be deployed indoors, again.
Those are both good idea's
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
justR

Post by justR »

ideas not idea's you fucking reject
Ninetails

Post by Ninetails »

justR wrote:ideas not idea's you fucking reject
Is that what R stands for? :welcome:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

The de-cloak time of an object after being touched by a friendly needs to be extended. As it is now if you run into a laser turret it will uncloak for all of one second. This does not give you the time to properly set d. It should be made around 15 seconds. Also if possible it would be nice if a newly deployed object did not cloak for a short period of time.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

Death666 wrote:The de-cloak time of an object after being touched by a friendly needs to be extended. As it is now if you run into a laser turret it will uncloak for all of one second. This does not give you the time to properly set d. It should be made around 15 seconds. Also if possible it would be nice if a newly deployed object did not cloak for a short period of time.
Nope either go with perr or get rid of them.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

{SW}SkyWalker wrote:
Death666 wrote:The de-cloak time of an object after being touched by a friendly needs to be extended. As it is now if you run into a laser turret it will uncloak for all of one second. This does not give you the time to properly set d. It should be made around 15 seconds. Also if possible it would be nice if a newly deployed object did not cloak for a short period of time.
Harsh, but I agree. :trolol:

The problem is not how long objects decloak when you bump them, it's the fact that they are cloaked to begin with.

The only reason you should ever put a base cloaking device in your own base, is to prevent enemies from seeing where you are deploying your own turrets, while you are building them, before you cover them with a barrier that doesn't cloak.

However, it is difficult as hell to cover the turrets, when you cannot see them.

Base cloaks are useful on air bases, and near enemy bases... In your primary base, they are more trouble than they are worth, and they always cause a conflict between teammates.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:
{SW}SkyWalker wrote:
Harsh, but I agree. :trolol:

The problem is not how long objects decloak when you bump them, it's the fact that they are cloaked to begin with.

The only reason you should ever put a base cloaking device in your own base, is to prevent enemies from seeing where you are deploying your own turrets, while you are building them, before you cover them with a barrier that doesn't cloak.

However, it is difficult as hell to cover the turrets, when you cannot see them.

Base cloaks are useful on air bases, and near enemy bases... In your primary base, they are more trouble than they are worth, and they always cause a conflict between teammates.
Code it in on the deploy trigger, and I'll add it in. I like the get distance from flag idea. Maybe a 500 meter check from flag?
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

500 seems a bit excessive, I'd shoot for 200~300 at max. Some maps are pretty small.

Edit: Also on a side note, make fucking jail-towers destroy-able already.