Anti-Aircraft turret

justR

Re: Anti-Aircraft turret

Post by justR »

S']['U wrote:When there are only a few people playing, I see no point in playing against turrets. I can do that without even going online.
If you want to call quitting on someone who's just turret-farming a "rage-quit", go ahead. :ghey:
What exactly is a rage quit if none of your quits are rage quits? I'd like to know what constitutes one please.
dawn wrote: I wonder do motion sensors pick up vehicles too?
I don't think motion sensors actually do anything in this mod that pulse sensors/remote pulse sensors don't already do, I've tested it with someone else.
'][']-[RiLL3R wrote:Well, what idiot places 4 Rocket Turrets in the same place?
Judging by the clip I think the real idiot thing in there is why set any missile turrets if you don't have the sensor up/keep it up. They didn't even move at all to sense Stu so no point in them in that clip.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

I don't think motion sensors actually do anything in this mod that pulse sensors/remote pulse sensors don't already do, I've tested it with someone else.
Aren't motion sensors required to kill armors that can cloak (cham, necro)?
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

You can place rocket turrets on top of bashers.
justR

Post by justR »

Fixious wrote:
Aren't motion sensors required to kill armors that can cloak (cham, necro)?
That's what I thought until we tested..and no, they don't do anything differently against cloaked players than turrets without. Nor do they increase the time it takes to sense players, cloaked or not, so they are useless. No idea what their original intent was.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

You are incorrect.

A cloaked player can walk right past a set of laser turrets, unless there is a motion sensor there too.

Pro tip: Shock turrets and indoor turrets have built in motion sensors. Place a shock turret next to your laser turrets before you cover them, then those enemies that don't die from the lasers will have no energy for a few seconds.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Also if an enemy player is looking in your direction while you're cloaked you're revealed to the turrets. This is probably where the misconception came from. If there are motion sensors set by lasers you can still get by unseen with the sensor jammer pack so long as an enemy isn't nearby and has you in their line of site. This can work really well on maps like rollercoaster.
justR

Post by justR »

then it's extremely buggy because that shit didn't change one bit when Grave and I tested it thoroughly in preparing to play OZ.
Scarecrow{oz}

Post by Scarecrow{oz} »

Death666 wrote:Also if an enemy player is looking in your direction while you're cloaked you're revealed to the turrets. This is probably where the misconception came from. If there are motion sensors set by lasers you can still get by unseen with the sensor jammer pack so long as an enemy isn't nearby and has you in their line of site. This can work really well on maps like rollercoaster.
----------
Perrinoia is correct about the motion sensor and cloaked players. I always set motion sensors, pulse, and cameras. From what I understand, if a camera is facing the enemy, there is no escape. And good tip, I always set out Shock Turrets at choke points. Death, perfect description of how a Necro cloaked can get snagged, by just being looked at by an enemy player.
Now for the anti-aircraft, no need. True the OS missile has been turned into a useless weapon, and slowed down. Get a rail gun, and even better, hop on the airbase Stu sets out each game and mess with it so he can’t use it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Deploy a missile turret in the doorway of his airbase... lol
Ninetails

Post by Ninetails »

Nah ill set a deploy-able platform and spam plasma floors on the doorway to the airbase so he cant enter it. Keep killing it. But then he will just get a transport vehicle from the nearest invo and i'll still be a scratch on his paintjob :(