Anti-Aircraft turret

Fixious

Re: Anti-Aircraft turret

Post by Fixious »

Yeah, those Saturday night games were pretty damn fun.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Stu, I'll make that map, but there is no point in spawning with a transport pack if there is virtually no place to deploy it.
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

perrinoia wrote:Stu, I'll make that map, but there is no point in spawning with a transport pack if there is virtually no place to deploy it.
You might not be aware that the transports can now be deployed on terrain and structures.

As long as there's a platform to launch on at the spawn points, this can still work.
justR wrote:I still think the best idea is having a weapon to shoot for passengers(both) in the apc. Keep the bombs controlled by the pilot, but something for the two passengers on an apc would definitely make the server more active because of the fun factor increasing in battles.
:hscratch: The problem with a craft-mounted weapon for passengers is that the pilot would still control the aiming. If you're talking about independent aiming capability, you have that already with the weapons you carry.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Yeah wtf, just use the minigun while you're getting flown around the map. win win.
justR

Post by justR »

Same end result, but not the same. I guess being able to control something is the appeal in my mind.

You can sit there and fire a minigun while a passenger in Troll armor, but it just seems more fun to hop on an apc and control a minigun turret that is part of an apc?

maybe I'm just being a retard, idk.

Edit: also another perk is you have to be in 1 specific armor for the Minigun whereas a controllable turret on a ship you could fire with any armor. (not a big deal but think about how few of people you actually see in Troll compared to Builder/Spawn/Titan)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Minigun is the same thing as chaingun/vulcan, right? You can purchase that in warrior, builder, troll, or titan. Tank has it's own quad cannon shredders or whatever.

You can't mount a turret on a vehicle, but you can certainly mount a weapon on a passenger. with 2 simple functions, you could add a minigun to the inventory of any passenger mounted on a vehicle, and take it away when they bail out (might need a third function to take the gun away if the vehicle explodes).

It would also be fairly easy to make a transport vehicle shoot chaingun bullets. This code could be added to a map file, fairly easily, but precautions must be taken to ensure the original functions are restored in other maps.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I know that there was a mod where when you jumped in a transport vehicle as a passenger you were auto equipped with a weapons load out similar to that of the Tank armor in Annihilation. The fire rate was fairly fast on all of the weapons and they were all infinite ammo. Maybe someone will remember which mod?

I also think that the vehicles could do with some touch ups to make them generally more fun and useful for passengers and not just pilots. Adding different weapons for the pilot to switch between or a specific load out of fun to use weapons for the passengers would be a start.

The delta air force mod also had some really nice looking animations for when vehicles were low on damage as well as different loadouts that you could select at the vehicle station for vehicles. This would be a solid place to start looking for code.

Nobody wants to make the vehicles suck. We just want the vehicle vs player on the ground meta to be improved and balanced and right now the pilots have the upper hand.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Good ideas death.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Agreed.

Energy-based tank-style weapons mounted on any passenger sounds awesome.

The best part is you can make all kinds of changes to the vehicle menu without messing up everyone's favorites.

First inventory heading will be the hull, or shape file. 1, 3, or 5 seater.
Next heading is primary weapon.
Then each passenger seat's weaponry.

Minigun, OS, baby nukes, particle beam, etc?
justR

Post by justR »

Death666 wrote:right now the pilots have the upper hand.
not true