Light Base Armor in Annihilation Mode

BabyGandhi

Light Base Armor in Annihilation Mode

Post by BabyGandhi »

Howdy,

I'm BabyGandhi and I mostly play on The Community or Argh's Duel, but I've been stopping by occasionally as of late. I was thinking that if the default Light Base Armor and it's associated weapons, beacons, loadouts was added as another armor option in the annihilation mod ( to fight along side / against the annihilation armor classes) it would encourage LT players to stop by and help sustain the Tribes 1 community. I personally know that I want to keep playing Tribes 1, but I don't always want to adjust to the feel of new classes. I think that the Light Base armor would encourage LT and base players to stop in and play at the server. Anyways, I think this could be easily implemented and I don't anticipate it would alter the balance of the game at all.

Thanks,
BabyGandhi
{SW}SkyWalker

Re: Light Base Armor in Annihilation Mode

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

You actually can change to an LT map where it is only LT unless u got to arena!
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

What he was trying to say, is in Arena you can play as Base light armor, and on LT maps there is an option to change the armors to base light armor. Maybe I could add it in the invo too. It's already in the mod though.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:What he was trying to say, is in Arena you can play as Base light armor, and on LT maps there is an option to change the armors to base light armor. Maybe I could add it in the invo too. It's already in the mod though.
Good idea
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Don't reset my faves!
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

it won't be till 6.0. I like to save the fav reset updates for a version bump.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Have you disabled plasmatic's code that adds up all of the $ItemMax[]s and appends them to the $ItemFavoritesKey?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

No i kept it for legacy users. I think 1.40 it doesn't even phase favs though. It all done by name instead of item number.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Good point.

buying by item number never made sense, in the first place.

I mean, sure, it's a few less characters to transmit through the internets, so theoretically, it helps with slow connections, but it's not like you are in the middle of battle while buying shit.

For legacy clients, this is what my mod uses:
$ItemFavoritesKey = $modList @"_"@ getNumItems();