If you post it they will come....

AnniDv6

Re: If you post it they will come....

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah I found them in the temp folder when I looked again. It looks like there are ~41,000 different IP files and ~300 player files so doing it manually is not going to happen. Having some code that puts the player names and only total kills into one file in ascending order would be nice.
Real

Post by Real »

I'm sure you can thank morgoth for 10,000 of those IP's ;)
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Death666 wrote:Yeah I found them in the temp folder when I looked again. It looks like there are ~41,000 different IP files and ~300 player files so doing it manually is not going to happen. Having some code that puts the player names and only total kills into one file in ascending order would be nice.
Wow, very interesting... :tup:

300 player files - over what period of time... ? a month or is that total? (I could see that easy in a month with Morgoth's smurfing) (so if players take stock in playing for stats perhaps that number might drop too)

HELLLLLLLL, these guys can make babies with code around here!!! They be makin two headed babies if they don't lay off those hard drugs! ROFL hehehehh

You know what shots I get "excited" about... flying PB kill shot. Even more so when you're zippin along and so is your target. (probably not trackable in game???) Pretty nifty when ya pull off a double rocket shot too, it's like hitting a pool ball and then hitting that ball while in motion after the first shot. I've had a few folks accuse me of cheating on those shots. hehehhe ^^

But I digress...

1- IF the coding is thought to be easy enough to write for collecting the data

2- What would be some great categories that would benefit game play and interest players?

Kills
Caps
Assists
Thunder thief - generator kills
Objective
Retuns
Defender - carrier kills + returns or some version
Ghost kills
Jailer

I guess you'd have to see what all is tracked/recorded to be able to know if/what other categories are capable of tracking.
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

good post sgt.
does it track time played as well? if it does a lot of categories could be per minute or whatever, such as kills per minute.

SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Thanks E... been good getting a chance to see you in game some more lately!
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

If we add more records to the personal stats, I can make a code to figure out who the best are weekly / monthly, and have it save in one file.

Guess I'll need to add support for it to non register players also. This is stuff that I'm working on atm with the new personal stats.

Ideas for stats helpful.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Nice. I really like the idea of having per map stats that display at the end of that map like the most flags collected in rabbit mode does. Having a most kills ever or fastest cap ever etc. posted per maps could really be interesting even if some of them would be easy to exploit.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:If we add more records to the personal stats, I can make a code to figure out who the best are weekly / monthly, and have it save in one file.

Guess I'll need to add support for it to non register players also. This is stuff that I'm working on atm with the new personal stats.

Ideas for stats helpful.
Why include unregistered?
1) Don't we want everyone to register, to resolve the Morgoth issue?
2) Wanting to see your stats should be an incentive to register.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

perrinoia wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:If we add more records to the personal stats, I can make a code to figure out who the best are weekly / monthly, and have it save in one file.

Ideas for stats helpful.
Why include unregistered?
1) Don't we want everyone to register, to resolve the Morgoth issue?
2) Wanting to see your stats should be an incentive to register.
I agree with Perr ... wanna be in the stats... then register. Do need simple instructions somewhere so new players will know how to register.

Fastest caps... there's a catch with that ... I mean if you take an opponents base and set up a teleporter then there will be caps that only take secs. So not sure that means much unless it's running a flag route.

I dunno what all is tracked and so I'm just throwing these out there in hopes of helping... (I've mentioned some already so those may not be included here)

*Most kills during a single map, without extended time or register all kills at the end of standard map time anything over doesn't count
*Most kills overall... I wonder if this would be beneficial or not though, could promote independent play rather than team
* Most kills per armor class
* Most aircraft kills
* Most kills with an aircraft
*Defensive kills - if turret kills are tracked? (if trackable this would tell a tale of how much a players kills are him shooting or the turrets)
* Most HO caps
* Most kills per single life
* most kills per wep
* Most MA's
* most assists
* longest shot
* fastest flyer
* most kills with one shot/explosion
* Chatty Patty - biggest chat spammer
*TEAM PLAYER - this might be tricky but if you can work it out codewise it could be important to take the game in a good direction play wise. Check all matches and set up scoring system, your team wins = so many points ... only on maps where you don't switch teams. assists = bonus pts. pts only on maps where player plays for more than half of the normal allotted time.

Thanks Crow, this sounds really neat to me...

This could be a "Game changer", and in a good way. Having something to play for over time I think will really bring some players in, help keep players interest and have other positive affects if handled carefully enough. For me that's all that's missing now, matches and enough players to form enough clans to hold matches but this could somewhat replace that or help at least.

You might consider only scoring for certain maps too... a thought.

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Kpm, kills per minute.
Kph, kills per hour