mod suggestions

S_hift

mod suggestions

Post by S_hift »

Just an idea to bring some balance and tolerance to the Legendz edit.

I am starting to like the idea of less than 3v3 base rape disabled. Typically I don't feel like setting defense when there isn't that many people playing.

I think its a little unbalanced when you can set defense without base rape being enabled. Heres the idea; How about if less than 3v3 a team can only set up to 6 laser turrets. This will limit the number of turrets you can set, while allowing new players to be able to experiment with the deployables. This will also deter unfairness while there is only one person trying to gain the upper hand by setting ridiculous amounts of defense while no one is in the server. Then waiting for people to join. we've all fallen victim to this trickery and I think its time to face the issue.

Idea for the spawn shield. If less than 3v3 enable the current spawn shield setup. Then anything more than 3v3 put it to default. I thought I would be able to adapt to this change, however it is proving quite difficult to accomplish objectives while someone either dies or intentionally suicides to catch you in the halls of their base. On to of that being able to kill you 9 out of 10 times with little to no consequences i.e being able to ammo bomb themselves and everything around them without dying.

The original chameleon assassin didn't have invisibility. Replace the chameleons beacons with a detonator that is able to trigger the grenade bombs. 6 beacons (triggers) and 6 bombs (plastic explosives). Necromancer was the only armor that had invisibility at one point. Lets make the armors abilities unique shall we?

Pitchfork should be able to uproot mines and move or boost them out of the base along with ammo and deployable packs. This will be useful for throwing things in hard to reach places for the builder.

bring functionality back to the tank. Give it a bigger energy + armor cell. Give it 400+ more ammo to combat trolls and titans. Auto buy repair pack instead of energy so that it becomes a heavy support class. Make tank beacons fire off flares that kill any rocket based projectile.

The Angel doesn't really need a nova pack. The angels fury is more than capable of shooting down OS missiles.

Add a second mode for minigun. rapid fire (what it is currently) and precision fire. The precision firing would fire slightly stronger bullets in a slower more precise fashion, ideal for those hard to reach places and destroying weakened deployables.

Bring back the ammo station pack or add zappy to the builders inventory station so that it can be used like an ammo station.

Reduce explosion radius of phase disruptor by 10%

Increase explosion radius of baby nuke launcher by 15%

reduce the explosion radius of disc launcher to match that of its actual explosion animation. same for rocket launcher.

Remove the current over powered vulcan and replace with assault rifle with two weapon modes that shoot 6 round bursts and full auto. Give it 480 ammo the damage ratio would be similar to the tripple fire mode on the railgun from blue sex. call it an AR15 bullet spread should occur at 300 meters.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
blankgirl

Re: mod suggestions

Post by blankgirl »

We need to pay more attention to this guy^

He spit hot fire
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

:rofl:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

We're tasking twenty employees to code this right away!
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Importing*
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

just remove the goddamn spawnshield, fuck.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Had some time to read over this again and respond.
S_hift wrote:Just an idea to bring some balance and tolerance to the Legendz edit.

I am starting to like the idea of less than 3v3 base rape disabled. Typically I don't feel like setting defense when there isn't that many people playing.

I think its a little unbalanced when you can set defense without base rape being enabled. Heres the idea; How about if less than 3v3 a team can only set up to 6 laser turrets. This will limit the number of turrets you can set, while allowing new players to be able to experiment with the deployables. This will also deter unfairness while there is only one person trying to gain the upper hand by setting ridiculous amounts of defense while no one is in the server. Then waiting for people to join. we've all fallen victim to this trickery and I think its time to face the issue.

I think the main reason people stack defense when waiting for other players is because it's more interesting than waiting around doing nothing or raping an empty base. It's fun to experiment with defense when nobody else is coming to wreck it right away. It might be possible to schedule a neutron bomb to go off once the server reaches a certain number of players and then the repair all base equipment function. This would make it a clean start once enough players join to enable base rape.

Idea for the spawn shield. If less than 3v3 enable the current spawn shield setup. Then anything more than 3v3 put it to default. I thought I would be able to adapt to this change, however it is proving quite difficult to accomplish objectives while someone either dies or intentionally suicides to catch you in the halls of their base. On to of that being able to kill you 9 out of 10 times with little to no consequences i.e being able to ammo bomb themselves and everything around them without dying.

I agree the new spawn shield is awful for indoor combat. If you're inside the enemy base they should have to deal with you and not just get a free pass where they take no damage, but can kill you.

The original chameleon assassin didn't have invisibility. Replace the chameleons beacons with a detonator that is able to trigger the grenade bombs. 6 beacons (triggers) and 6 bombs (plastic explosives). Necromancer was the only armor that had invisibility at one point. Lets make the armors abilities unique shall we?

The detonator thing would make the class a lot more fun. I remember the assassin used to feel a lot stronger. When I go chem now I never feel like I really accomplish anything. Sure I can kill people in their base, but they will just respawn in their base. The problem is that you don't have any real useful tools to take down defense. The shotgun and the beacon explosives are the closest thing, but the shotgun is loud and slow and you need a metric ton of the charges to even kill one force field over the flag. The only other class that can easily get inside the enemy base when it has an insane amount of door defense, necromancer, suffers from the same problem. When you have a map with an indoor flag and it's covered by multiple force fields or deployable platforms the only real way to kill them is to start from the outside defense and work your way in with heavy.

Pitchfork should be able to uproot mines and move or boost them out of the base along with ammo and deployable packs. This will be useful for throwing things in hard to reach places for the builder.
Not sure if possible

bring functionality back to the tank. Give it a bigger energy + armor cell. Give it 400+ more ammo to combat trolls and titans. Auto buy repair pack instead of energy so that it becomes a heavy support class. Make tank beacons fire off flares that kill any rocket based projectile.
This is good, but it doesn't address the worst part which is that tanks can be one shot by the particle beam. Tank should have some type of shielding that can take at least one shot without dying or maybe add that pack from another mod which spawns a small force field in front of you as you move when activated.

The Angel doesn't really need a nova pack. The angels fury is more than capable of shooting down OS missiles.
Angel could use something that makes it more fun to play. It always feels like a glass cannon without the cannon. Maybe the healing gun could also give the other player a damage shielding.

Add a second mode for minigun. rapid fire (what it is currently) and precision fire. The precision firing would fire slightly stronger bullets in a slower more precise fashion, ideal for those hard to reach places and destroying weakened deployables.
Yes.

Bring back the ammo station pack or add zappy to the builders inventory station so that it can be used like an ammo station.
Yes to both.

Reduce explosion radius of phase disruptor by 10%
Agreed this thing will instakill you when the person wasn't even remotely close to hitting you.

Increase explosion radius of baby nuke launcher by 15%
Nuke spam is bad enough already. When you can't even get into your base on raindance because so many nukes are going off one after another and your team doesn't even have any outside defense. It's just a rape tool and it's hard to strategically use it in a real fight because the delay is too long. I would rather see the delay on the explosion significantly reduced. This would mean you could no longer lob nukes from an airbase or hill 500 meters away. You would have to be fairly close, putting yourself in the actual fight. This would make it easier to clear out the heavies nuke spamming your base. Do titans really need that many advantages?

reduce the explosion radius of disc launcher to match that of its actual explosion animation. same for rocket launcher.
The rocket launcher is one thing since it has a really stong kickback, but the disc launcher is honestly pretty weak compared to every other weapon in annihilation. If you're going to nerf the radius I would say bring back the double spinfuseer as the default disc weapon for warrior or maybe just buff the damage for the single disc

Remove the current over powered vulcan and replace with assault rifle with two weapon modes that shoot 6 round bursts and full auto. Give it 480 ammo the damage ratio would be similar to the tripple fire mode on the railgun from blue sex. call it an AR15 bullet spread should occur at 300 meters.
The vulcan has a pretty good spread at a distance and it's really fun to use in close quarters. It's not all that overpowered when compared to the weapons the other armors have that you're fighting against. We don't need tribes ascend assault rifle style guns.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

S_hift wrote:just remove the goddamn spawnshield, fuck.
:tweed:
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Ive come to appreciate the spawn shield as it stops team being spawn massacred in and outside of base.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Which version of Annihilation didn't have invisible chameleons? I'll give you a hint, none! I have them all.

Perhaps you are thinking of another mod, like Shifter or Renegades.

I agree, though, that Chameleon is too weak to wreck BR's ridiculously overpowered defenses.
I'm not sure what difference a detonator would make.

When blast walls and force fields are buried in other shapes, sometimes, the only to damage them is with particle beam (turret killer mode specifically), because it applies directly object the shooter's of sight, rather relying on projectiles or explosions to do the dirty work.

Personally, I think the plastique explosives should use containerboxfillset to apply damage, rather than a conventional explosion.

This means a single well placed chameleon grenade could potentially destroy all of the turrets hidden behind a deployable barrier.