[idea] map rotation

S_hift

[idea] map rotation

Post by S_hift »

we don't need hundreds of maps on the server. Especially when 80/100 of those maps really suck.

I think we should start back over. Start with the basic essential maps (og maps). Then after that its strictly user created and submitted/suggested maps.

develop a strict map adding policy. Certain maps will not be added.
adding a map will be judged like a jury. Who ever builds the map to be voted upon will remain anonymous.

- maps with weird objectives like silver star for example
- maps that bases resemble male genitals
- maps with excessive amounts of shapes, ie Spyder ect
- maps with shitty terrain or shitty spawn points ie desert of death
- maps that you simply cannot ski in ie freezer ect

maps should be have strategic value and take a considerate amount of thought to build. In other words, don't add a map that has just a buncha bullshit shapes stacked on each other in a repetitive nature just so it could be called a base ie yugostien, lost city or forgotten city, that one map with the two towers. ect
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Erowid
Site Admin

Re: [idea] map rotation

Post by Erowid »

Can the object be changed to holding it for 15 min = 1/2 point? Instead of this capping it at the last second to win shit.

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

personally I just try to get someone on my team to grab obj. but yeah that is really annoying too. especially on my map dynasty. someone added an obj marker for some lame reason... there was a reason why i didn't put it there to begin with but yeah.

I wonder who it could have been.....

I think the objective should jsut be a extra credit for a player, or maybe put a timer on it like on black ops. the more people that hold the tower together the faster the tower is captured and they all share a bonus of 5 points each.

for stalemate matches a win can be determined by the teams overall score added up. so even if they capture a tower, the team that actually battles it out the hardest can still win by forcing them to turtle their base or objective.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

First of all, your arbitrary restrictions exclude a lot of great maps, and I'm not just talking about the ones I made. (Cloud city, airwars, etc)

Secondly, if you edit the mis file, each tower switch has a score property. If you set it to zero, there will not only be no team points awarded, but no sound effect included in the game announcement as it gets captured. However, it will still control the allegiance of all objects in it's group, such as turrets and stations.

Thirdly, the only problems with desert of death are the lack of stations and the fact that the flag is in a fucking lobster trap. Both of those problems have been resolved on nearly every map ever made with that terrain. The terrain itself is great for skiing.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

dude airwars sucks dick. nobody likes that map. as for labyrinth I'm probably the only person who liked any variation of it.

desert of death just sucks in general cause the spawn points are too far from main base. the flag is hardly a problem, jump in and jump out and gtfo. easy as that.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Maybe I was thinking of the wrong map when I said Airwars.
Is that the one with the iblocks and human walls, connected by a flat bridge, or the one with the extra large floating bases?
The ones built on floating iblocks are cool, but the ones with the huge float bases are terrible.
Those huge floating bases have tiny platfroms to land on, and far too many rooms to wander through, and a million things to rape on the way to the flag.
The ones built on iblocks usually have the flag out in the open, and are usually easy to quickly flag cap, until people deploy some defenses around the flag. I like those kind better.

I'm glad someone likes the Labyrinth, although, I can see why some people wouldn't.
I mean, it is designed to be randomly confusing.
The only way to memorize a route would be to deploy shit along the entire route to lock the walls in place.
And then, of course the bases get nuke spammed, because there's practically no point in using light armors in that map.