Bring back the disc of death <~>

SGT ROCK

Bring back the disc of death <~>

Post by SGT ROCK »

When I got started playing the Anni mod here there was a double disc wep that really shot rapid fire, almost as fast as I could press the button. I really enjoyed that launcher, you could really lay down a shitload of discs with it although the damage was not up to par with a lot of the other weps. It was fun, I thought but some didn't like it because lets face it is a spam flinger. I don't know if its even in the inv anymore but to my point... It would be nice to see the disc launcher have some ummmph to it and bring it back into play more, as it is now it's practically useless and one of my last resorts. It would be neat to see another mode for it perhaps destroyer mode (w/red discs or something) where the farther it travels the higher it's intensity upon impact. The phase disrupter loses power and OS too the further they go, can't we do the opposite too. I got to thinking how fun the disc used to be back in the day and what a neat concept it was, how it was the jump boost of choice for a while before the rocket launcher. Just a thought...
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Bring back the disc of death <~>

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Maybe, I plan to continue working on the mod soon, so I will keep this to thought.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Thanks Crow..
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"

virus

Post by virus »

It's called base, bro. Lol
[NHOP]Virus
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

virus wrote:It's called base, bro. Lol
what is base
Attachments
watisbase.jpg
floatereater

Post by floatereater »

haha yeah the hyper fusor. that thing was great!\

but it had some pretty rough bugs, like not getting saved in favs and not firing the first round. I bet if it was re-coded (which is fairly trivial) it would be great to have back :)

Main thing it was great for: knocking people around at close range. It never had much power but if someone was trying to snipe you up close, you could shut that down by blanketing them with hyper discs. :lolz:
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

ohhhhh boy, them base stats... :D

they call me midair king in base. i met lots who are scared of my close range midairs.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

floatereater wrote:haha yeah the hyper fusor. that thing was great!\

but it had some pretty rough bugs, like not getting saved in favs and not firing the first round. I bet if it was re-coded (which is fairly trivial) it would be great to have back :)

Main thing it was great for: knocking people around at close range. It never had much power but if someone was trying to snipe you up close, you could shut that down by blanketing them with hyper discs. :lolz:
YESSSS ! It was like a disc machine gun almost... I had a LOT of fun with that. Spam was really frowned on in the past as you may well know. Some did anyway, me I think that's exactly how battles go ... you lay down that "spam" to soften up a target/base/whatever, it's part of it. Don't like the spam, kill the spammer. It serves a purpose in a match so deal with it. I thought it made a decent jump boost too at the time. I got to using the rocket which really knocks em around and what's kewl about it is that if you get decent with it you can judge the next shot, boom send em flying.. scope out that line and hit em with a second rocket while the they're still careening from the first shot. Also great to knock a PB Heavy off target giving you time to shoot, escape or find cover. Love to see the hyperfusor again, at least for a while.

AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah this weapon was awesome. It was fun in close encounters and from a distance you could spam doorways or flagstands. I also used to use it to try to make really long distance mid airs since you had a better chance of landing an unlikely shot.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

ill put it back in. going to have to get rid of something for it though. :(

data blocks have been at the max limit for some time.