troll armor

floatereater

troll armor

Post by floatereater »

Troll :trolol: armor has been modified very heavily in recent versions.

Troll runs slower than any other armor :jnick: . But for 12 years it was the fastest armor on the ground. It's jets were modified so it no longer needs to use boost grenades, thus the function of the armor is changed completely!

Troll was always ideal for staying low to the ground :tweed: , below sniper fire, and lobbing mortars over hills. The nerfed jetting of the troll meant that you couldn't fly away from attacks like other armors can, and instead you had to use the undulations in the terrain to your advantage.

Please consider increasing it's run & jet speed back to what it was, so that it can have the lowland advantage and hilltop disadvantage like it did in the past. That was so fun!
Erowid
Site Admin

Re: troll armor

Post by Erowid »

troll is a sniper armor now :fpalm:

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

thumper op.

ill think about it. i would love to let you see me play it for a map to see some of the advantages of the new troll. it's quite good when you effectively use it.

ps: try the thumper + mine boost. you will find troll has the best air mobility now. a bit of changed compared to your post though. lol
dawn

Post by dawn »

I played Troll for years and loved it the way it was, (not a sniper armor) but if you can use mortar well it was formidable, and had its very own pros and cons like any other Armor and the nade jump was and always should be Trolls special thing .
floatereater

Post by floatereater »

I agree there are numerous advantages especially flying, but it doesn't really fill the role it used to anymore it's more like "titan lite"

Plus the minigun being so OP I think it needs a little bit of a change, considering shredder has an ammo limit at least and mini has no limits!!! Maybe energy drain or less accuracy... idk we would have to experiment a bit :D

Finally, the reduced running speed makes it tough to use the troll boost grenades effectively since they tend to slide a bit.

Thanks for considering working on it a bit more, I would love to have a troll that is more like the old in movement style (even though that's a little harder to use)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Troll was definitely the king of skiing, back in the day.

I got recruited into my first clan, due to my troll skills.

The big difference between troll and titan, was that titan has a sniper weapon, and troll got around like a dude in a reverse gangbang.

At the time, I had dialup, and a shitty ass computer, so I couldn't aim a sniper weapon to save my life... I used troll to launch myself around the map and spray phase disrupters, rocket launchers, and mortars, at every red triangle... I had a friend, that would follow me around in builder, collecting beacons from the bodies I littered about, and he'd cover me with his railgun while I resupplied at his deployable inventory packs.

Next thing I know, his clan sends me an invite.

Now, I can't snipe for shit, again, but the troll is a sniper armor.... Shit makes me sad, yo!