Score

Scarecrow{oz}

Re: Score

Post by Scarecrow{oz} »

I agree, a system that promotes teamwork is a nice positive here. Points for repairing players, points for setting defense. Points for repairing base items such as turrets or radar. True, killing, capping, taking out enemy turrets is cool, but for those who take care of the home base, we get no bonus for that hard work... which allows the cappers, rushers, offense only players to enjoy spawning in a protected base. IMHO :drinkz:
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

i can fore sure add a couple bonus points for home D players. :bdance:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

If you've ever noticed, when a player disconnects, the server declares that they're turrets have been disabled. This is because the next client to connect might get assigned the same client ID, but a different team, which would make those turrets shoot at the right players, but not damage them.

Simply repairing those disabled turrets not only makes you the new owner, but also awards you points for their kills.

So, but that only works when a player disconnects. Personally, I think repairing any damaged turret should make you the owner (unless it's an enemy turret... That would turn the repair gun into a hax gun).
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

If a player disconnects I think it would be better for the server to destroy their deployed turrets and other deployables. Having a bunch of covered turrets which don't shoot gives a false sense of defense and takes up deploy limits.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Death666 wrote:If a player disconnects I think it would be better for the server to destroy their deployed turrets and other deployables. Having a bunch of covered turrets which don't shoot gives a false sense of defense and takes up deploy limits.
Can't count how many times I've ran into this issue or left a team with this issue. I like your suggested fix.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's a very good point, considering you have to move the shit that is covering the turrets to repair them anyway, and they are usually either welded or not something a pitchfork can move, anyway, like jump pads.