Map Rotation based on player preferences!

perrinoia
Site Admin

Map Rotation based on player preferences!

Post by perrinoia »

Imagine if the next mission was selected much like the next song on Pandora internet radio...

In the tab menu, players should be able to rate the map they are currently playing. These ratings will be stored in the player profiles, and when the mission ends, the server will check all of the current player's profiles and sort the missions by how the currently player list has rated them on average. It will automatically skip any map that the majority of players hate.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Map Rotation based on player preferences!

Post by perrinoia »

No it doesn't... This feature requires players. :trolol:
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

Great.... Broadside every map

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Nah, I'd veto that shit.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Somebody should re-do broadside with two large naval vessels of some sort, not sure if it could be done or not but.. I'm under the impression you only have certain shapes you can use to build with though... built in launch pads to toss you to the other ship... you get the drift..... heheh

Fact we lose players over map decisions and map changing, just saw it the other day. Sometimes I've only got a short time to play and I can't lollygag around choosing a map or more precisely watching you all choose a map. I like Perr's ideas most of the time, the dude is a brainiac consider what he says... or agree to something like it. If you whittle away at little problems like this one it will really help maintain more player base.. YOU CAN DOO EET !
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

i could rig something up. like pick 2 / 4 random maps (probably at the start of mission), and have players vote which map to be played next.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

The ability to vote for the next mission without changing to that mission right away would go a long way. The admin function to pick the next map also needs to be fixed. Basically the random map selection code just needs to be updated a bit. If possible have it determine what map it's changing from as well and exclude that from the pick. This isn't a big deal on the larger categories, but on smaller ones like CTF OG you basically have a 1/15 chance of the same map being selected.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh, is that what's been happening? I thought some scumbag admin *cough* CROW *cough* was picking the same map over and over.

That's a great idea, Death666, vote to select NEXT map, not vote to change the mission now! The vote to end the current mission now option should be in the time limit options.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

watch the first minute rock and you will see the base you speak of.

it's in the dox map pack.

ps: watch the whole thing sometime if you haven't seen it. pretty good tribes movie.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Which was removed from the server.

That is by far, the best interior shape ever available in Tribes.