Teleport Pad Stations!

perrinoia
Site Admin

Teleport Pad Stations!

Post by perrinoia »

Teleport pads should pop up the command map, and allow you to remote control other teleport pads (like a camera or turret), teleport you when you fire, or cancel remote control when you jump.

Step 1: Change the object class from staticshape to turret.
Step 2: Replace the onContact event (because it spams 3 times per second) with an onCollision event that opens the command map.
Step 3: Edit function Client::takeControl(%clientId, %objectId) to include teleport pads in the list of objects you can control.
Step 4: Write function TeleportPad::onFire(%this) and put the teleport code in there (works as long as the turret has no projectile).
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Teleport Pad Stations!

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

this sounds interesting. think im going to try it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I haven't figured out how to exclude non-teleport pads from the list of objects you can remote control, and exclude teleport pads from the command map, yet... But I do have it checking if you are on a another teleport pad or at a command station, at the moment, so it doesn't work from a command station.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Also, function TeleportPad::onCollision() spams just as much as function TeleportPad::onContact().

I guess the reason I thought it didn't, was because I used those functions with tower switches (which are nearly impossible to stand on), so I just bounced off only colliding once, but remained in contact (close enough, anyway)...

However, with enerpad, you are constantly colliding with it if you are standing on it.

So perhaps it should do nothing if you are already looking at $GuiModeCommand...
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Another idea to tack on... When you remote control an enerpad, you can't look around... Perhaps there should be a camera embedded in the display of the enerpad, and the camera is what you remote control and teleport to.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

So the idea is to add the ability to have more than one teleport pad and be able to cycle between which ones you want to go to?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yes... Exactly.

I use the command map because it shows you where the teleports are, on the map, and I remote control them before teleporting to them to confirm it's where I want to be...