About the Annihilation servers...

KILROY

Re: About the Annihilation servers...

Post by KILROY »

Yes, some people do have the skillz, but I don't agree with your statement completely. Especially after obs'n a bunch of people and seeing how they play. For instance on chaining. The original chain gun does not shoot in a straight line. It's a sporadic counterclockwise pattern, in which if you hold down your button, every 3rd or so bullet will hit the enemy depending on distance, unless you understand the pattern and know how to feather your firing button for the pattern and distance, but no one can hit an enemy at some of the distances I've been seeing and never miss. Even the original coders of the game have relayed this. What I'm seeing is too many Vulcan scripts being used, in which this was a script that was made to make the chain gun shoot straight, or another script in which it makes your chain gun shoot at a time delay allowing it to make it shoot with the pattern that it was designed as stated previously, but only allowing that 3rd or so bullet out, which makes it look like it's shooting like a Vulcan. This is just one of many things I've noticed while obs'n people.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Well, there actually is, it was coded over many years ago with another mod, and can be used in any server. As for the firing pattern, I don't know if the old sites are still around, but they explained very clearly on how the firing pattern works on the chain gun by the original coders. If this pattern doesn't exist anymore then it was modified for the server, and yes, the coding and the programming for the sever can be modified with my past experiences of programming languages (basic, cobol, fortran, and pascal) it is possible.

EDIT: I can't remember but either Boots, Nav, or Poop wrote the coding for the Vulcan modified chain gun script.

It was basically an interpolate script that allowed you to change the pattern on the bullets that left the chain gun to make it fire like a Vulcan. The Vulcan fired in a complete straight pattern, unlike the original chain gun being used, allowing you to hit your target with accuracy.
Last edited by KILROY on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

It was just an idea going through my mind. There could be like a voting option to enable and disable flag rushing and base rape, and when disabled it would last, like, 5-10 minutes and then normal gameplay, which is one of Perrinoia's ideas and that could kinda work with some coding maybe.

I recently played a few matches of Anni and it's so different now than back then. A lot of people don't play Anni anymore because of that. I remember when the server was full and I would wait for someone to leave haha. Obviously, that was like 2 years ago or more. Lost count lol
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Chaingun hax do exist... It's all about the timing of pulling the trigger. The first bullet is always accurate, the rest are random. So when you hold your trigger down, the script toggles your trigger, so every bullet is the first bullet.

I personally do not use this script, however, I do repetitively tap my trigger manually to accomplish the same effect.
I also tap it slower to keep the revolver revolving without firing, so it's always warmed up, ready to go.

Likewise, I never used ski scripts until I upgraded to v1.40... Before then, I merely spammed my spacebar.

But lets get back on topic (spawn rushing).

Does the BR community prefer to blitzkrieg or stalemate on every map? Perhaps we should code it and make it a setting that players can vote on, in game.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

hmmm, good point perr. ctf a dying game mode in anni. might as well do team death match if we stalemate lol.

also, the best chaingun users in anni / base / and elite ren did not use scripts or hacks. these burst fire scripts honestly make a player worse than better. while your accuracy might be a little better, you wont nearly put out as much damage as a full fire chaingun user.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Not at close range, for sure...

However, if you are trying to use chasing like a rapid fire sniper rifle, this method is quite effective.

I've been saying we should combine all of the objectives for a long time...

We already get points for rape, points for repair, points for control, points for capture, and points for kills, but the mission type determines which of those points matter for the win, and how the scores are displayed when the mission is over.

I think the objective screen should show all of those scores, and they should all matter.

Team with the most points wins, but players could get awards for most kills, most caps, etc...
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:Not at close range, for sure...

However, if you are trying to use chasing like a rapid fire sniper rifle, this method is quite effective.

I've been saying we should combine all of the objectives for a long time...

We already get points for rape, points for repair, points for control, points for capture, and points for kills, but the mission type determines which of those points matter for the win, and how the scores are displayed when the mission is over.

I think the objective screen should show all of those scores, and they should all matter.

Team with the most points wins, but players could get awards for most kills, most caps, etc...
i really like this idea. funny too, because me and lestat were talking about making something like this for lolz last night.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:hmmm, good point perr. ctf a dying game mode in anni. might as well do team death match if we stalemate lol.

also, the best chaingun users in anni / base / and elite ren did not use scripts or hacks. these burst fire scripts honestly make a player worse than better. while your accuracy might be a little better, you wont nearly put out as much damage as a full fire chaingun user.
Well, this Vulcan script did improve accuracy, but the damage was just the same as a regular chain gun.

Interesting statement also Crow. If the CTF game is tied and time runs out, instead of going into OT, or the map ending, how bout the teams duel it out in Arena to determine the team who wins.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

<!>KILROY wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:hmmm, good point perr. ctf a dying game mode in anni. might as well do team death match if we stalemate lol.

Well, this Vulcan script did improve accuracy, but the damage was just the same as a regular chain gun.

Interesting statement also Crow. If the CTF game is tied and time runs out, instead of going into OT, or the map ending, how bout the teams duel it out in Arena to determine the team who wins.
Your damage output isn't nearly the same though if you're using a script that slows down your chaingun.

and perr had a really good idea too about scoring system.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

No, no, this script didn't slow your chain gun down, it only modified it to fire straight. They called it a Vulcan script. I don't have it saved anymore, lost my HD that had all my Tribes stuff on it, but it worked quite well, without having to feather the mouse, you could just hold down the fire button. It was something that a group of the older coders got together on and resolved back in the mid to late 2000's. Which is why you see something like it being used in the newer game versions of Tribes now.