About the Annihilation servers...

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: About the Annihilation servers...

Post by perrinoia »

It does slew it down, but only by a fraction of a second.

For instance, if the normal firing rate was 10/second, the new firing rate would be 1/0.11 seconds, therefore 9 power second...

Something like that...

So, if you were sitting something so close or so big that the spread didn't matter, the shooter using the script would cause 90% as much damage per second as the noon script user.

This is why I choose to manually feather my trigger rather than using a script, so I can choose while firing whether accuracy is more important than damage output.

If I were going to use such a script, I'd modify it to have a toggle, but honestly, it's easier to just feather the trigger.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

<!>KILROY wrote:No, no, this script didn't slow your chain gun down, it only modified it to fire straight. They called it a Vulcan script. I don't have it saved anymore, lost my HD that had all my Tribes stuff on it, but it worked quite well, without having to feather the mouse, you could just hold down the fire button. It was something that a group of the older coders got together on and resolved back in the mid to late 2000's. Which is why you see something like it being used in the newer game versions of Tribes now.
something like this would have to be made server side. id imagine whatever mod / server you were playing in had built in hacks then that some of the people in the know knew about. in anni this is already built in for everyone. as all the chainguns shoot in a strait line. except the vulcan toggled to fire mode, though this gun has increased damage to make up for the loss of accuracy.

the method perr mentions is the only real method of chaingun hacks, and as i stated, it doesn't help in the long run. go into the community server and use that script. people will laugh at you lol.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Possibly Crow, not sure on that, but basically you replaced some things in your config.cs file and added or renamed new files and added new line coding to some other files for the changes to take place.

And Perr, I believe you are correct now that you said that. I remember them mentioning about what you are relaying with a split second difference.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

them would be remotes to the server. the only way to do that is a server side modification.