Ammo for Jailgun

Should Jailgun use Ammo instead of Energy?

Yes, this idea is awesome!
56%
Yes, but keep the malfunction, too.
22%
No, I like it how it is.
22%
No, but get rid of the malfunction, anyway.
No votes

Total votes: 9

perrinoia
Site Admin

Ammo for Jailgun

Post by perrinoia »

Yesterday, someone suggested making jailgun ammo based, in game, and I thought it was a great idea.

Instead of using all of your energy every time you pull the trigger, it would take 1 ammo to fire.
Instead of malfunctioning occasionally, teleporting both target and shooter, it's limited by ammo count.
Fixious

Re: Ammo for Jailgun

Post by Fixious »

What would this ammo be, exactly? Would you be able to replenish your ammo without needing to visit an inventory station?
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

How 'bout 5th option: Eliminate the jailgun completely ?

KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Erowid wrote:How 'bout 5th option: Eliminate the jailgun completely ?
Ah no, Anni is already unbalanced as it is. The Jail Gun helps to balance the mod a bit. Perr, anything that can be added to the jail gun is a plus to help balance the mod. Matter of fact it would be nice to see a multi option for the jail gun, like a tractor type turret in which you can grab or throw the enemy like the pitch fork.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I keep trying to click that ban button in your sig...
<!>KILROY wrote:
Ah no, Anni is already unbalanced as it is. The Jail Gun helps to balance the mod a bit. Perr, anything that can be added to the jail gun is a plus to help balance the mod. Matter of fact it would be nice to see a multi option for the jail gun, like a tractor type turret in which you can grab or throw the enemy like the pitch fork.
Well, the benefit of using the jailgun, is that you get rid of the enemy before they have a chance to kill you... How's about, if the jail tower hasn't been deployed yet, the jailgun teleports the targets to one of their own spawn points?
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

how about a compromise and being able to control k from the jail?

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

There's so many ways to break out of jail, I almost don't see why not.
AKA The Titan

Post by AKA The Titan »

This is a good idea... the main utility of the jail gun is to take D setters out of the fight. As is, the only way to protect yourself from getting oneshotted by lasers is the chameleon pack as everyone sets motion sensors, but since the jail gun uses the entirety of your energy even if you jail someone setting turrets you're basically dead anyways.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

interesting point.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

AKA The Titan wrote:This is a good idea... the main utility of the jail gun is to take D setters out of the fight. As is, the only way to protect yourself from getting oneshotted by lasers is the chameleon pack as everyone sets motion sensors, but since the jail gun uses the entirety of your energy even if you jail someone setting turrets you're basically dead anyways.
Precisely, but also, I like to capture enemies outdoors too, when they are flying towards my base, as a defensive strategy. However, after intercepting one player mid air, I always fall to the ground like a rock, where a phase disrupter is undoubtedly waiting for me.

Since we'd be getting rid of the energy limitation, an ammo limitation would definitely be required. We could call the ammo cuffs or something like that... LOL Should be a small ammo count, though... Somewhere between nuke and railgun ammo (4-15).