89%
No thanks
11%

Total votes: 9

perrinoia
Site Admin

Taser

Post by perrinoia »

Replace jail gun/tower with a short range weapon that incapacitates targets for 3-4 seconds, making them fall down as if they're dead and drop all of their items.

While unconscious, they observe their lifeless body, as other players steal their dropped items.

Unlike stasis spell, victims will be vulnerable to damage while incapacitated. So it should be possible to stun someone, and then kill them with their own ammo.

This should solve the complaint that jail lasts too long, and reduce the number of rage quits and shit like that.
Last edited by perrinoia on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real

Re: Taser

Post by Real »

Officer Mirror won't even have to change his name
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Lol
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Sounds like it will be hilarious to use on people.
virus

Post by virus »

I say change the attributes of the targeting laser. Its so forgotten.
[NHOP]Virus
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I'd actually like to see the targeting laser for the heavies as a grappling hook, instead of them having to rocket or disk launch all the time.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Ugh... I hope that idea doesn't gain traction.

Don't get me wrong, I love using the grappling hook, but I also like turning the game into a rave, on occasion.

PS: I've been toying with the taser idea, and so far it's not looking too good. First, it was crashing my test server, then I got it to spam clicking noises indefinitely (but at least it didn't crash), and now I've got it crashing again! So... We'll call it a work in progress... LOL
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

virus wrote:I say change the attributes of the targeting laser. Its so forgotten.
negative.

i would make it a toggle option at first, since it would use no datablocks. getting rid of jail though would clear many datablocks. something to think about. also officer mirror lol. he would riot.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Could make grapple a weapon mode for targeting laser... like cutting laser in builder mode.

I really want to get my taser working, because I love jailing people but hate getting jailed.. This way I get to have my cake and shank a bitch, too.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

There's two Br servers running. Only one is being used. Make a new mod, host it on the other server and see how it does.