Jump Pad Ideas

blankgirl

Jump Pad Ideas

Post by blankgirl »

I have three(3) ideas for the jump pads we all know and love so dearly...

1. Make them be able to be deployed vertically onto walls or other surfaces.

2. Make them able to be manipulated with a Pitchfork like they used to be on <!> servers.

3. Make it so they are able to operate at differing angles to the ground. Also make it so using Pitchfork would make them adjustable so they could be slanted, or like Number 1 said, vertical on a wall or other standing obstruction.

Just a few thoughts,

blackgirl :coolio:
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Jump Pad Ideas

Post by perrinoia »

Why?

Seems like a whole lot of coding with no practical reward, too me.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That is a much better idea... Would make covering turrets with them on hills easier.
Real

Post by Real »

If you code them for hills might as well allow them to be deployed on walls since hill pretty much = wall in terms of coding it
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Correct, but making pitchfork able to rotate them would be a pain in the ass, and no one would use it except people who wanted to dismantle your stuff.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the jump pad would have to be rewritten to accommodate different rotations, considering it currently work by comparing your altitude to the jump pad's, and this would no longer yield appropriate results.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Agreed. Also I really don't want to see jump pads being used on walls to cover turrets. That's why I had to increase the max from 3 to 5 because everyone keeps using them for indoor defense and then you go outside and have no jump pad. Maybe a collision check above the jump pad would be best. So you can still place them on indoor maps like backtotheskies and kwsn dome, but not inside broadside.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

and for the love of god don't place them over flags.

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

We put them on flags and turrets because the enemy can't move them, and neither can douche bag teammates. But friendly cappers can still cap using phase shifter.

But if you really don't want people using them like that, the solution is not to increase the limit, but rather make them easier to kill/move.