Tribes and Windows 10...

Scarecrow{oz}

Tribes and Windows 10...

Post by Scarecrow{oz} »

Anyone able to test Tribes with Windows 10? Wondering if we need to have a patch out there. I for one, will be keeping Windows 7 as long as I can. :gfive:

Scarecrow
Erowid
Site Admin

Re: Tribes and Windows 10...

Post by Erowid »

Scarecrow{oz} wrote:Anyone able to test Tribes with Windows 10? Wondering if we need to have a patch out there. I for one, will be keeping Windows 7 as long as I can. :gfive:

Scarecrow
Tribes 1.41 works with Win10 http://www.br.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic ... 961#p22961
No idea about the legacy clients.

Rink

Post by Rink »

Um.... Wheres the tribes1 Master Servers? And how do I update my server list?
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Use the forum search.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Rink,

add this to your master server

t1m1.pu.net:28000

or

t1m1.tribes0.com:28000
EvilTree{OZ}
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I for one will NOT be switching to Win 10. Just too many ways they have it setup to make you "PAY" for a service(s) that did not come with it already. Yeah, it's free to upgrade, but you should see all the BS they have setup that you have to pay for to improve Win 10's operating system. They even have a hidden fee for Solitaire now. All there games built into Win 10 now have built in Ad's also. If you don't want the annoying Ad's, some that interrupt the game itself for 30 seconds before you can continue to play, you have to "PAY" a monthly or yearly fee to stop the Ad's. They found a way to make their money back to give you Win 10 for free. They are already getting income from the companies "PAYING" them to place the Ad's.

http://time.com/3977862/windows-10-solitaire

Other issue's is Win 10 does not work on all computer systems, and it's full of bug's and security issue's. This is NOT a solid operating system by all means. I've tested it with my companies security department, and it is just NOT stable or secure enough. One thing I also don't like, is it FORCES you to update it's software. You have no choice on what you want to install on "YOUR" computer that "YOU" paid for out of your own hard earn money. You have to install what "THEY" want you to, no choice. This could hurt Microsoft greatly and their stocks will fall due to them stopping support for the older operating systems to force you to get Win 10 and have to start paying for things every month or year, like a subscription, so they can receive income to continue to operate. When this happens, I will NO longer support Microsoft's work. I will switch to Apple.

Apple has continued to serve it's user base like Microsoft had in the past, and they continue to do so. They have never switched it's programming for it's operating systems. They just continue to improve on what they have. ALL their games still work on "ALL" their computer's, past and present. Microsoft can't say this. Even their gamming console's games are not compatible with each other. I bought an Xbox 360 many years ago, and have a good collection of games on it. The Xbox One does not support Xbox 360 games or vise versa. Microsoft did this on purpose to "TAKE" more of your money. They no longer support the consumer and their needs, like the consumer supported them for decades to help them grow and become the company they are today. I like to call Microsoft "SCAM ARTIST'S" now. Like the people who you see on the street playing that switch around card game after you place your bet, but you keep losing every time, due to their slight of hand. I predict this new way of Microsoft operating will be it's downfall, and this is when new and old competitor's need to step it up to gain popularity and support from people falling off the bandwagon with Microsoft's new way of operating.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's an interesting perspective. Here's another:

It's free, like Android, but not open source, like Android. This means it's just as easy to acquire, but not as easy to hack. I'm not saying it's difficult to hack, but slightly more so than Android. Also, how can they afford to make it free? The same way Google does... They get a cut from sales through the app store. They make their own apps, with free ad riddled versions, and pro ad free versions.

This means, that people who can't afford to buy shit, can still get it for free, as long as they can put up with ads interrupting them, periodically.

As much as I hate ads, I've never bought the pro version of any app, no matter how much it annoyed me, or how much money I had in my checking account.

If I could afford everything I ever wanted, and still had money left over, I might consider paying to hide the ads... But by then, I'll probably be completely used to, and unaware of them.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Well, these ads start in the beginning and fill up the screen. As you play, there are pop-up ads, which can be tolerated, but some of the ad's actually interrupt the game itself and show for another 20-30 seconds, then the game resumes. These are the ad's that they want you to pay to stop, and these are the ad's which people will get frustrated with.
virus

Post by virus »

I've never had issues with ads, but I've also purchased ad-free versions numerous times. Not necessarily to remove the ads, but to support the developer. The ad removal was just a perk. (This thread has been going off-topic.) This is regarding the subtle ads that hang in the corner of the app. As far as the full screen ads that pause entertainment/productivity... I clearly have simply stopped using the service or found and alternative. It's a pain for all platforms but its a strategic change for all of us. Not saying all strategies work.
[NHOP]Virus
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

No, not too much off topic. This is about a game to play on Windows 10. I'm just pointing out some big issue's with Window's 10, in which with some computers it won't even run, and with all the others, it's not stable enough to use as an operating system due to the massive amount of problems it has, and how Microsoft is adding their own features into it that "MAKE" you have to pay monthly or yearly to use their new operating system. In other words, Windows 10 can hit the trash can. It's not an upgrade, it's a down grade. As for the small pop out ad's from the corners, most can live with that, but the larger ad's that pause whatever application you are using, you may not be able to find a work around due to the application being built into the operating system itself. An application you may not be able to find elsewhere and have no choice but to use it in Windows 10 off their servers, and have to pay to play. Basically, your renting or leasing this new operating system they developed, and they have it setup that so the operating system's applications go through their servers in order to work, which you have no choice but to pay to use them. I have to admit, it's a nice business strategy to try to gain profits. Either people will suck it up and pay them, and continue to do so for any future ventures, or they will get frustrated with them, and stop supporting their new business ethics, and move on to either an old competitor or a new business that is just starting out to compete. Windows 10 could possibly be Microsoft's downfall if people do not want to pay to play.

EDIT: Think of it this way. You are now playing an old arcade game that you have to continuously put in 25 cents to continue to keep playing, but with this new day and age, it's going to cost's you more to play ;)

EDIT 2: Now it was just released the auto updates are causing loop crashes. Due to mandatory updating, it's making you download drivers that cause your computer to crash due to the driver non-compatibility with your hardware. If you restore your system to a previous time, you still have to download the update again, due to it being mandatory, and your computer crashes again. Also, the video driver's they have for updating are causing some monitors to not even turn on anymore. This is just a very few issue's they are having. You should see all the holes in the coding which you can hack easily. Believe me, I use old programming languages daily like Basic, Pascal, Fortran, and Cobol. Even the press is relaying this new operating system could be Microsoft's downfall.