Tribes and Windows 10...

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Tribes and Windows 10...

Post by perrinoia »

I own 3 Windows 10 computers, now.
Microsoft Surface Pro 2, which works flawlessly.
My custom gaming rig which is plugged into my living room TV, also works flawlessly.
My ASUS ET2400XVT, in my bedroom, which I use most for gaming, does not work flawlessly.

If I leave the ASUS running for a few days, the video card fails repeatedly... I don't even have to be gaming. I get artifacts on the screen, and the computer becomes less usable the longer I leave it on.

As a result, I tend to use the surface for everything but Netflix, and leave the ASUS powered down, so it hasn't had a chance to auto update.

I'm pretty sure, if it was my only computer, I'd have fixed it, or downgraded the OS by now...

I also just bought my parents an ultra book. It shipped with Windows 8. They're used to Windows 7. I upgraded it to Windows 10 because I think it's more similar to 7, therefore easier for them to learn, plus Microsoft is actively supporting the OS so they'll get updates.
They did loose the WiDi (wireless display) ability in the upgrade, but they'll never use that feature anyway, as they don't have a compatible tv, and have no idea what it is.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Nice, thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of upgrading my older Vista laptop to 10, but may wait. It's the only thing that runs older games like Warcraft and StarCraft right now.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Hmmm... I own those games... If I can find the discs, I'll try and install them, and let you know if Windows 10 is compatible.