Team Names

browneyes

Re: Team Names

Post by browneyes »

i like Coke VS Pepsi and Spring Field VS Shelbyville
Azul

Post by Azul »

Anyone here played Splatoon for Wii U? Every map each team has a random color. I wonder if its possible to code that for the server, with the four default colors for Blood Eagle, Diamond Sword, Starwolf, and Children of the Phoenix. Have the team names be Red / Yellow / Green / whatever and make that the color of the flag, and randomize it every map, so on one map its Red vs. Green, another would be Yellow vs. Green, etc.

Probably not important on the list of things to do but most of the time I'm going directly for the flag every time i play Tribes, so it would help out a lot.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Very possible.
It would even be easy to code.

However, we'd lose custom skins, if we enabled team skins.

I'm completely in favor of team skins, and have always disliked custom skins, for the record.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Does anyone who still plays actually care about custom skins?
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I think a lot of players really like custom skins. I wouldn't mind having custom on by default, but adding an option in the tab menu to vote to disable custom skins. Personally I don't think the default skins look all that great.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

There was once this server who hosted custom and default skins together. I personally don't look at the skins, I'm concentrating on the game, not what one looks like playing it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

No, that completely defeats the purpose.

The whole idea of team skins is knowing which team a player is on even when sensors are jammed or destroyed (unless they have a chameleon pack, of course).

If you simultaneously allow custom skins, players will choose a skin that looks like the other team to confuse enemies.

Personally, I only have the default skins installed, so everyone with custom skins looks like they aren't on a team, to me. Just base skin.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:No, that completely defeats the purpose.

The whole idea of team skins is knowing which team a player is on even when sensors are jammed or destroyed (unless they have a chameleon pack, of course).

If you simultaneously allow custom skins, players will choose a skin that looks like the other team to confuse enemies.

Personally, I only have the default skins installed, so everyone with custom skins looks like they aren't on a team, to me. Just base skin.
Well, this was something that came out before the Anni mod, so it didn't defeat the purpose at that particular time in which their were no sensor jammers, just deployable pulse sensors, and the enemy has a red inverted triangle above them, but yes, with your statement with the updated versions this was being done and probably still is.

I also only have default skins installed.
DESTROID

Post by DESTROID »

Team Destroid is bad

Team Destroid is good

:coolio:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

KILROY wrote:
perrinoia wrote:No, that completely defeats the purpose.

Well, this was something that came out before the Anni mod, so it didn't defeat the purpose at that particular time in which their were no sensor jammers, just deployable pulse sensors, and the enemy has a red inverted triangle above them, but yes, with your statement with the updated versions this was being done and probably still is.

I also only have default skins installed.
What? There are sensor jammers in base...

There's a Sensor Jammer Pack and a deployable sensor jammer pack, in base... So, what you said makes no sense.