Spawn Shield & Rocket Boosting

Firelord

Spawn Shield & Rocket Boosting

Post by Firelord »

The spawn shield results in about 80% of my deaths when I am attacking. It's a pain in the ass, but I suppose it's a necessary one. However, people not only are immune to damage, but they can't be bounced away with rockets or other explosives while protected. Would it be possible to make it so they can still be rocket bounced away while protected? That way they still survive, but I can at least buy myself some time by bouncing them away with my rocket launcher.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Spawn Shield & Rocket Boosting

Post by perrinoia »

I second this motion.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Agreed.
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

I agree, it has been overpowered for years.
- <!>Tariq^
blankgirl

Post by blankgirl »

I think this is a gud idea

blankgirl
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Yes the spawn shields last WAAAAY too long... I can get off about 3 shots with a pb on an enemy after they spawn and still not kill them because of the spawn shields. That's just ridiculous
EvilTree{OZ}
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I still can't figure out why I can watch a player spawn, fly all the way across the map, and dump all of his ammo on me, and I still can't damage the fucker with a phase disrupter to the face.

Yet, when I respawn, the same fucker immediately kills me with 1-2 plasma shots.

I swear to god, spawn shields are specifically coded to provide an unfair disadvantage for me, and me alone!
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Yeah I agree that it should be shortened a bit or it could just turn off right when you start shooting. I mean isn't the point of it to just stop snipers from picking people off right when they spawn? If the person starts attacking they should be fair game to kill. If they just want to make it inside the base they should have a shield.

Perrinoia, are any of these changes that you can make?
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

It sounds like a pretty simple spawn protection change. I was under the impression that if you fired your weapon the shield went away. If that's the case, make it so boosting also removes the shield. As for getting hit by rockets, I recall a similar change happened to those who are freed from a jail tower. I imagine it'd be similar to spawning as well.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

No, our issue with it is that someone can pretty much fire all of their plasma rounds before the shield wears off.