Invisible

Jegue

Invisible

Post by Jegue »

Invisibility spell should be removed from chameleon armor. It gives software player advantage over others, and faggots can use it to sit there and get some easy sniping, or easily (and faggotly) kill/jail players from the back. Just a thought.
- <!>Tariq^
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Invisible

Post by perrinoia »

This has been discussed many times, before... Also, necromancer also gets the invisibility spell, so that needs to be addressed, too.

My idea has always been to make the chameleon beacons behave like the chameleon pack, and remove the chameleon pack, so chameleon can carry something else and still have it's prized ability.

Likewise, I want to replace necro beacons with either the phase shifter or ghost pack abilities, or, even better, a combination of both abilities, like my Astral Projection ability.

dawn

Post by dawn »

thing is, I have always felt there are no advantages for the simple reason anyone can learn to use these armors!
it does not always have to be Titan, the same could be said for PB , ( and faggots can use it to sit there and get some easy sniping) one shot one kill..
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

The advantage for software players is real. OpenGL folk can't see them, software folk can. Might not be terribly different when you're a few feet away due to the sound of the pack, but if there's a Cham sniping in the hills far away who activates cloak, only those using software mode can see him. Either enforce OpenGL for all, remove invis altogether, or find some middleground like perr posted.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I wouldn't mind changing the invisibility beacons to other abilities for those armors, but it has to be something that makes sense. Necromancer could have another spell and Chameleon could have another sneak ability or maybe something that forces a flag drop.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

I've been saying this for years

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Chameleon can already force a flag drop by killing you on contact. Which they can do easily if they are invisible.
Last edited by perrinoia on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

In the HaVoC mod, they used to have it so their "Infiltrator" Armour would be able to deploy a "teleport beacon", so you would deploy your beacon somewhere away from the enemy base then infiltrate their base > grab the flag > hit your pack button > teleport to beacon. I Like perrinoia's Astral Projection also, It makes it a little easier to use necro's ghost but I think you should only be able to move around in that "observer mode" you go into for 3-5 seconds. Anything longer and you can scout out all the enemy D and pick your relocation spot of easily.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It's currently scripted to last only as long as the death animation, which is 3 seconds, if I recall. So, we're on the same page there...

I wanted to make it 4, because 3 isn't enough to reach from one broadside base to the other, but your body stands back up like a Jack in the box, which really defeats the purpose of faking your death, if your not back in control, yet.

Here's a basic explanation of how it works...
  • Step 1) press "B" to fake death/spawn observer camera.
    Step 2 option A) pressing "Space" will escape the observer camera and return to controlling your player.
    Step 2 option B) left click will check if the position of your observer camera is safe (above ground, not in a wall or touching anything, like flags) and teleport your body to that location. Regardless of the deploy check, option B automatically runs option A.
    Step 2 option C) your body died before you did anything, and your observer camera gets locked to your corpse, option A no longer revives you, and option B respawns you.
    Step 2 option D) wait 3 seconds, and option A is automatically chosen for you.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

So in addition to having necromancers ghosting through walls they would also be appearing in the center of rooms or right behind you while defending. You could land on the side of the Broadside base in necromancer and fly around in astral projection to see where every enemy and turret is before ghosting inside. I like it.