a couple of ideas

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: a couple of ideas

Post by perrinoia »

KILROY wrote:My statement about the bots was a PUN, I was thinking between the lines :tease:
Maybe I don't know your definition of the word pun... Cause that doesn't seem like the kind of puns I know about... Isn't word play a requirement of a pun?
KILROY wrote:I like your ideas on the server checks, and like the idea of being able to join the server, but not play in it or being able to vote if not registered, but.....still being able to join the server and obs, and if you liked what you see, could then register to play and be able to vote. One thing that would have to be added is the site you need to go to in order to register. This could be added easily by bringing up the option menu. I wouldn't add it to the screen upon joining, due to once it disappears, you don't see it again, unless you drop and rejoin the server.
I think you've made a massively incorrect assumption here. No one is talking about requiring registration on any websites. We're talking about registering an account in the game server, using the chat box. Your username would be your player name, and you passphrase would be whatever your first message you chat in game is.

Also, there would be a automatic timeout on registration, to prevent someone from flooding the server with unregistered users. If you don't say something... Anything... within the first 20 seconds or so, you get temporarily kicked.

Also, the registration instructions are posted on the loading screen, as that message is actually client side, but instead, would be displayed AFTER the loading screen has completed, while you are observing, but before you are permitted to join a team, chat, or vote.

I kinda feel like you might have skimmed my post too quickly... I don't know where you came up with those ideas. LOL
KILROY wrote:As for finding out one's "Physical IP" there's different ways to do this, but the easiest is with the equipment my company uses, since my company is the MAIN provider for World's Communications. Our equipment can trace anything down to a physical location, hardline, fiber, or wirelessly.
So... Can I have access to that equipment, or are you just trying to make me jealous? Cause I'm totally jealous...

Oh, I'm gonna add one more idea to the registration process that I haven't coded yet, but should be quite simple.
If my scripts don't interfere (which they currently do) with the current profile login script, I can allow players who have registered with my system to login to Kigen's. At that point, I'd modify the function so that it adds your old profile stats to the new profile stats, and then deletes the old profile, preventing you from doing it multiple times to pad your stats.

Eventually, all of the old profiles will be deleted, and no one will lose their stats.
st0ned

Post by st0ned »

We should be able to destroy airbase, such a dick move when they set that shit up beside enemy base or just make it so you can only deploy it at a certain distance from the enemy base
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I agree, but so far, every destroyable base has had major stability issues.

That's why the drop ships were removed.
That's why the Borg cube was removed.

It needs to be coded by someone who knows what they're doing.