pitchfork boosting nukes and deployed det packs

Azul

pitchfork boosting nukes and deployed det packs

Post by Azul »

is this possible? would help against nuke or det pack spam and would introduce new mechanic, if it is simple to do. Would be amazingly fun, especially on maps where all thats going on is one team is nuking the hell out of the other.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: pitchfork boosting nukes and deployed det packs

Post by perrinoia »

Forkable Suicide Det Pack? Possible
Forkable Baby nuke Bomb? Maybe...

Det packs are mine type objects while Baby Nukes are grenades
If you make det packs forkable, you will be able to pick them up and move them, however, they will move as if the point you are moving them to is a portal, and there is a matching portal on the ground below it...

For instance, if you grab the det pack, then hold it up in the air, it will fall down, then teleport back to your crosshairs... However, it will retain it's downward momentum, and continue falling, faster, and faster, and faster...

However, despite the wonky appearance while suspending a mine type object in the air, the physics of boosting a mine should be identical to the physics of boosting a player.

The following are the required steps to script boostable det packs.

Step 1: Add "forkable = true;" to "MineData Suicidebomb2".
Step 2: Replace "if(%type == Player)" with "if(%type == player || %type == Mine)" in "function grabbler::fire(%player,%object)"

You could try the same steps with GrenadeData BabyNukeBomb, but I don't think it'll work for several reasons.
BabyNukeBombs have multiple parts. The primary component is a grenade, which theoretically could be thrown as many times as you like, before it explodes... However, it's got a mine type object orbiting it (Halo). I believe that the halo will follow the nuke, whereever it goes, but I also think it will interfere with the pitchfork beam, not unlike when a player walks between you and the object you are moving. I don't think making the halo forkable will effect the location of the bomb, and the halo will snap back to the bombs location... And lastly, I'm not sure what the answer to getObjectType(%object) would be if you grabbed a babynukebomb... It might be Grenade, or it might be false, or -1... I'm not sure.

Worth a try, if you wanna experiment, though...

Would definitely make a huge difference in game.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

This is an amazing idea :bdance: I can see the possibilities of boosting nukes and detpacks
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

id like to see infrared packs to help with spotting invisible chams. though use should drain energy.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Chameleons are cold blooded... Infrared camera wouldn't see em.
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Pitchfork boosting nukes would be dope