Numerous Suggestions

Sinister

Numerous Suggestions

Post by Sinister »

1). Fix the invisible blast wall glitch. It's long overdue...
2). Det Pack deactivation is a bit OP. It should be something like standing over it for 2.5 seconds. If all you have to do is walk over it builder, it kind of defeats it entirely. Especially when its a packed server and you want to blow some shit up. I realize it's mainly for suicide purposes, but i've used the CTRL-K option before and it flew into a guy in builder and deactivated instantly. <-- that actually has happened on numerous occasions. Once was in mid-air....
3). Sometimes laptop doesn't show anymore than like 2 turrets at a time. Even if you standing right infont of them. I don't know if it's ment to be that way, or what have you, but if it's an error. It should be fixed.
4) I personally think that the plasmatic's edit of the original tank would be ideal. It isn't mobile hardly at all, very very slow and heavy, but makes up for it with firepower, weak shield and new "tank" pack. It's really cool. It would disable players camping your base in tank, using blast cannon all the time, and make them use it for what it's intended for, which is base defense. Hence the name, "tank". Despite my previous suggestion on the armor, i think this would best fit the server, and put it back to it's original purpose. Last night's game had like 3 or 4 Tanks inside my base, spamming chaingun into my blast walls and i couldnt get D up at all, despite my entire time battling to keep them at bay. It's easy to fight Titans, Trolls, and everything else in your base, but if a player, even a noob uses tank and gets inside, it's a pain in the ass. Tank should be inside their own base, used for defensive purposes only. I highly highly suggest taking a peek at the current tank in plas Blue Sex server. I have suggested this to other players and they seem to agree.

5) how about a laser wall, where if an opponent walks through it, turrets in the area are instantly triggered, and shoots at said player. Just throwing some ideas out there
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Numerous Suggestions

Post by perrinoia »

1) We can't fix this on our end. This is a client-side bug, and the only way to prevent it is to render all objects all of the time... Doing so would not only max out your shitty integrated video graphics chip, but would also most likely end up being classified as a cheat, like happy mod. Interior shapes (buildings) have zones, or rooms... These zones determine what objects should be visible and what shouldn't. If a player is in the same zone as you, they are rendered, but if they are in a different zone (or outside), they are not rendered. This is why you cannot see players through walls. Blast walls are large objects, and their insertion point is in the middle of the bottom edge. If the insertion point of a blast wall is in a different zone than you, it is not rendered, even if one of the upper corners protrudes into your room.

2) I've always wanted the det pack to mount a weapon/tool called a detonator, which when fired would remotely destroy your tossed det packs. Here's how it would work: First, when you buy det pack, you automatically get detonator too (which is in your weapon rotation, so you can switch weapons and come back to it, or even detonate the pack while wearing it). Second, when you use det pack, you drop the bomb (which is a mine, not a grenade... No timed or proximity fuse, remote detonation only), and mounts the detonator. Each bomb you drop gets added to a group that contains only your bombs. Upon triggering your detonator, all bombs in your bomb group will detonate, and if you are still wearing a det pack, you da bomb, too (Allah Akbar!) Builders can still disable your bombs, though.

3) We can't fix this on our end. Your laptop doesn't have enough video memory. It's displaying as much as it can. Get a better computer. This is also why fixing #1 would be bad... Your laptop would probably solder your testicles together if we forced it to render everything.

4) I completely agree. Plasmatic's Tank is much more balanced. Even before Plasmatic added Tank Pack, I was able to grenade/rocket jump across the map with the original, slow as a pair of soldered balls, tank. The new tank is like the offspring of troll armor and a blimp. I hate it.

5) Plasmatic made a laser wall in one of the beta versions of Annihilation... It was pretty useless. It looked pretty though.
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Thanks for clearing that up, Perr.
1), i see.
2)That would be bad ass, but should be limited to only 1 Det pack per detonator, or that would be extremely OP lol
3) i was talking about the laptop in game lol It's supposed to be a remote command center, but only shows 2 or 3 turrets at a time.
4) How about we get that added in then?
5) That's what gave me the idea lol
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Hm. Would number 3 also be related to the deployable sensor jammer not working for me sometimes? Sometimes it'll jam and show the yellow circle as it should, other times it doesn't do anything. Just something I've always noticed. Also on a laptop.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

There is a button on the command screen that shows/hides the circles... Are you sure you aren't accidentally toggling it?

The command screen definitely doesn't list all of the turrets, and I haven't figured out why, yet...

This is the only version of annihilation with that specific problem, that I know of.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Perrinoia already addressed these pretty well, but I didn't realize anyone actually used the laptop. Unless you're taking the shameful route of offensive nuke turret spamming, I don't see how that pack would be useful at all. Controlling turrets is probably the least effective method of playing.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

One man's nuke spamming is another man's defense clearing...

Take Raindance, for instance. I could sit on a hill and snipe laser turrets all fucking day, but if there's more than one guy building them, I might not be able to keep up.

If I set up a nuke turret and shoot near the flag, they're all gone, and I can swoop in and grab the flag.

Maybe I'll send a couple nukes down range, in various places, to make sure I got them all.

But I wouldn't mind getting rid of the laptop, if we have baby nuke launcher weapon modes, like the newest version of Annihilation has... (Baby Nuke Grenade = 1 ammo / 4 shots max, Nuke Rocket Mode = 2 ammo / 2 shots max).

The rocket mode uses the same projectile as the turret, so it doesn't cost us any more datablocks.. In fact, if we remove the laptop, we have 3 less datablocks, which is good, because there is a datablock limit.
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

i was actually going to suggest adding that version of Nuke in Perr. I'd like to see that and plas's tank.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

Ghost wrote:LM server has original anni maps, working laptop, and original tank, and nuke missile mode.

Server should be up and running next week.
Great, now we can split the already small community even further.

Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Erowid wrote:
Ghost wrote:LM server has original anni maps, working laptop, and original tank, and nuke missile mode.

Server should be up and running next week.
Great, now we can split the already small community even further.