perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Please!!

Post by perrinoia »

I agree.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Same I've been saying it for a couple of months now and Perr you said Christmas time and it is past that... :younoob:
EvilTree{OZ}
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

What did I say about Christmas time? I haven't been a developer on this server for years. I've offered advice when asked, but none of the changes made have had my name on them since about 2012, I think.
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

Well whoever is doing the development ... most ppls want them back. If the gens are taken down and there isnt a portable invo up game over most of the times. And who would be that member who makes the decision?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't think it's up for debate... I think everyone wants it, but it's simply not easy to fix.

I have looked for the problem myself, and can't put my finger on it.
st0ned

Post by st0ned »

Vgy thx
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

haha I wondered where those went to.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I don't see any problem with them being brought back with the next large update, but it really depends on what else is being changed balance wise i.e. whatever direction Perrinoia and Crow are wanting to take the mod with this next update.

I removed them because we already had massive defense stacks and having deployed port gens buried so far into a base behind so much covered defense made defending your base easy mode. This was also when we had people spawning in their base who could not be damaged because of their spawn shield while they could damage attackers so taking out enemy generators just didn't happen or had no real impact on the game. At that point we might as well have base damage = false by default because that's what you're really asking for.

I also added the current message prompts that let you know when your teams power or the enemies power has been destroyed and adding deployed generators will cause those prompts to not work unless someone codes them to include pgens.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh, now I think I know where to look for the problem.

You're forgetting the fact that the portable generator and solar panel were removed because they didn't always work, specifically with mobile inventories...

I remember someone posting a screenshot of a non-powered inventory station right next to an undamaged portable generator... I also remember this happening to me, a lot.