Let's trade barriers for vets.

Which do you prefer?

Easily destroyable base style defenses.
17%
Original Annihilation style defenses, buried under barriers that could be destroyed.
33%
Annihilation Legendz style defenses that can be buried under sunken, nearly indestructible barriers.
50%

Total votes: 12

The Boloblur

Re: Let's trade barriers for vets.

Post by The Boloblur »

Okay, so then look into changing the recharge rate on the energy levels, but I think the thing to do would be to add damage fall off, give it an optimal range.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It has that too, but I think the damage range is greater than the sensor range, so if it can detect you, and shoots you, you get close to 100% of the damage it can cause. We can definitely reduce that, so if you get up close, like inside a base, it hurts more than if you are outside at maximum range.

But honestly, that doesn't make sense... It's a friggen laser, for God's sake. The sensor is a camera... Both work on line of sight, and neither should really degrade over a short distance. However, what would make sense is if the camera couldn't detect anything through all the shit people pile up on top of them.
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

I don't know about that, but I mean the best thing would be to have the fall off. It would make more sense that way so when you have rushers it can still stop them, which is really what the laser should be used for, things like the neuro bashers and stuff are what should be used for distance defense. If we can make the lasers good at stopping rushing enemies then it would make it easier for the attacking team to slow down the game and really make them try harder than spam rushing nades and ammo lol
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Taking turrets down a notch is definitely a yes from me