Healing Turret

AKA The Titan

Re: Healing Turret

Post by AKA The Titan »

perrinoia wrote:Yes. A shielded heavy should be ripped to shreds by plastic explosives.

That's what they use to destroy tanks in movies... Plastic explosives in an oiled up sock, slapped on the side of a tank or near the treads.

Futuristic plastique explosives secretly placed by an infiltrator should definitely reek havoc.
Death is actually right on this one. 5 explosives can destroy a bwall, they just have to be placed in the center (I guess due to however this game calculates damage,) if you throw them high or low they are much weaker (that's why it was taking me 25 to destroy, I was throwing them high.) So beyond the inability to damage sunken D, which isn't intrinsic to cham explosives, they are fine. In fact I would nerf them by at least making the defuse chance 100%, if not allowing all classes to defuse them.

I mean, your own base is the last place you usually find your team's heavies, so plastic explosives aren't that big of a deal to them. The only people who get killed by explosives are builders trying to defuse them, chumps who just spawned and noobs repairing the gen with no clue what that flashing beacon right there is.
Last edited by AKA The Titan on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA The Titan

Post by AKA The Titan »

Maybe increasing turret interference range would work, by reducing the number of turrets you can cluster together in a stack.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

For maximum damage potential, the projectile must explode in the middle of the bottom edge of the blast wall on the same side where the builder was standing when they deployed it. The further the explosion is from the insertion point of the wall, the less damage.

This is why sunken defenses are so effective. All you have to do is push that insertion point into the floor or ground and explosions will have to be on the other side of the floor to cause any damage.

I just had an idea of how to fix this... I'll toy with it when I get home from work.
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Just have the turret heal players, not other turrets. Builders could come and drop them in the field to assist heavy armors trying to get into an enemy base.