Boot for APC's

blankgirl

Boot for APC's

Post by blankgirl »

What if there was a weapon similar to the Jail Gun which would basically weld an APC or other aircraft to the ground in a fashion similar to when a car gets a "boot" put on it. It could have a 15-30 second timer after which the vehicle would be able to fly again.

Yup,

<!>blank
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Boot for APC's

Post by perrinoia »

Possible, just gotta make sure you delete the boot variable if the vehicle is destroyed, so a brand new vehicle doesn't get the boot.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Seeing some starting to complain about having too many APC's already deployed, and not being able to deploy anymore, especially if they are doing APC wars between each other. Is it possible to add a timer on an APC, so when it's not being piloted it auto destroys? That way your able to deploy more.

EDIT: Another mention was that the APC could detonate with an explosive radius via a timer.
(=SK=)Zorak

Post by (=SK=)Zorak »

Interesting, so there's a limit to APC's deployed in a match, even if they're destroyed? Or the message is because too many APC's are still active at one time?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Too many APC's are still deployed, abandoned within the map not being used, causing you to not be able to deploy anymore. Which is the reason for the request of the self destruct timer with a possibility for a radius explosion to aid in taking out any enemies and deployables near the APC if the APC does not have a pilot using it after a certain time period.
(=SK=)Zorak

Post by (=SK=)Zorak »

Sounds like a good idea!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I like both of these ideas.

I've wanted to replace jail gun & tower with a stun gun for years... it would be similar to stasis spell, but instead of changing your armor it would simply make you observe yourself, temporarily.

The same gun could temporarily stun vehicles.

Automatically setting the auto destruct sequence when a pilot unmounts of a vehicle and disabling auto destruct when a pilot mounts a vehicle is a fantastic idea to combat abandoned vehicle spammers.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I like your ideas also, sounds great!