Change Log!

Add nuke weapon modes?

Yes, I want to use 2 nuke ammo to fire one nuke rocket!
78%
No, I prefer indestructible defenses that cause endless stalemates!
22%

Total votes: 9

perrinoia
Site Admin

Change Log!

Post by perrinoia »

We need a change log to track who made what changes, posted publicly. I'll start by describing the history of the mod off the top of my head. If anyone disagrees with my recollection, I'll happily correct my post.

The Annihilation mod was originally developed by Scavenger, who I believe was a renegades player.

I started playing after Sevnn took over development and released 1.31 and 1.34 beta.

Next, Plasmatic took over and released 2.0 beta, 2.1, 2.3, 3.0 beta and 3.0 with help from Scavenger to develop the last 2 versions.

C3j97 modified 2.3, making deployables incredibly resilient and making tank more mobile than the troll armor.

Kigen also modifed 2.3 making the most stable version of the mod ever released, and adding new features like a player profile registration system to combat impostors.

Crow combined the 2 mods and added a bunch of features, such as stats tracking to provide more incentives for registering, and the arena option which I hate very much.

Death666 has taken over development now and has added a massive collection of maps and continues to fix bugs and balance the mod.

Lastly, I've provided probably had the most influence over the mod since even before I learned to code and gained access to this server, all of the previous developers had implemented my suggestions, such as animated descent sequences for drop ships, destroyable drop ships, destroyable bunkers, bug fixes, and balance tweaks (however some of those things have been removed from the current build).
After learning to code and gaining access to the server, I implemented someone else's suggestion by adding a welding feature to the pitchfork, removed some annoying server messages (the server used to tell players when they were being ignored, and then they would retaliate with local spam and team killing).[/list]

And here is a list of changes to expect!
  • Stasis spell glitch fix
  • Inventory through walls or terrain glitch fix
  • Damage scale balance and tweaks
  • Turret cover snap feature (snaps to the position and rotation of the LOS Object).
  • Deploy check standardization (no deploy checks for pitchfork-able items, less annoying error messages all around)
  • Team Item Max for suicide det packs to reduce spam
  • Nuke weapon modes?
AnniDv6

Re: Change Log!

Post by AnniDv6 »

This is the old change log. As far as I know there aren't any notes for the changes (other than maps) that took place after version 1.31 and before when I started posting changes in this thread:
http://www.br.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6558
in 2015 which is a pretty huge gap, but I think your summary is probably pretty accurate in terms of who all contributed in one way or another.
v1.31
- Fixed a bug with the new phase shiter code on Snowblind.
- Re-wrote alot of the droid code.
- Suicide now spawns where it is supposed to.
- All 3 take much more damage from collisions.
- If controller of droid runs into another player on his team including himself, he is killed. This should stop or atleast slow down teamkilling and players pushing themselves thru objects, as well as trapping team members in stations.
- While controlling droids, player cannot go to command screen. Use Jump to self-destruct droid. This should reduce the number of dead droids left on the map.

v1.30
- Fixed bugs in the jail cell code.
- Fixed Dropship Gen code.
- Strengthened the Necromancer.

v1.27
- Personnal Skins are now optional.
- Force Field and Force Field Door code cleaned up and fixed. Team max counts are fixed.
- Blast Wall damage skins work as well as having hud info on the blastwall to judge level of damage and to see if it is on your team or not.
- Blast Walls can no longer be deployed on enemy base objects. This code is experimental but works well in testing.
- Removed all item map names that have counts and the deployers name.
- OS Missiles have much less fuel reducing their range.
- OS Missiles are slightly harder to fly reducing their effectiveness.
- Grenade Launcher projectiles have reduced damage.
- Tank has seen major changes.
- Tank walking speed increased.
- Tank mass reduced.
- Tank armor reduced.
- Tank jump force increased.
- Tank cloaking beacon removed.
- Tank can carry a pack now.
- Tank weapons (RPG, Quad Chaingun, and RL) have reduced damage amounts.
- Tank can now jump out of raindance unassisted, and climb hills.
- Interceptor refire slowed down.
- Mercenary boost beacons now have a 5 second delay.
- Deployable Platforms can take twice the damage.
- Missile Turrets respond slightly faster.
- Observers can not whisper.
- Phase Shifter system reworked.
- Jail Cell completely reworked.

v1.26
- Inventory Bug/Cheat is fixed.
- Backup Generator code is broke so the Portable Gen and Solar Panel are out until I can fix them.
- Jail Cell and Jail Gun are back by popular demand.
- GunShip deploy code is tweaked slightly to try and prevent placement over near base objects.

v1.25
- Anti-Base turreting code and Anti-Dship on the enemy front door code.
- Turrets and dships cannot be deployed within 40% of the distance between the flags, of the enemy flag.
- New deploy code for the flame turret, should deploy more reliably and no longer deploy in your legs.

v1.22
- Implemented Team Change Restrictions
- Increased refire in Baby Nuke Launcher slightly but removed some of its nuke ammo capacity.

v1.21
- I found and eliminated a few memory leaks in the Annihilation code.
- Server now stays running for MUCH longer between resets.

v1.20
- Both Inventory bugs fixed.
- Particle Beam reload extended and it now uses more energy.
- Baby Nuke reload extended.
- Droid deploys fixed, they can now be deployed without looking at the ground.

v1.15
- Server side lag that has plagued Annihilation mod is now gone!!!
- Most of the removed weapons have been put back.
- Borg cube is gone for good, "and don't come back."
- Mine launcher has been reworked to create much better mine fields.
- Stinger and Tank Rocket Launcher code has been overhauled. No more cheap kills!!!
- Shield Gen and Sat Power systems are still out, but will go back when they are fixed.

v1.10
- Borg Cube removed - Too many bugs and mem leaks.
- Both Dships renamed and added turrets to both.
- Removed unused and weak powered weapons.
- Removed Sat Power System, and Shield Generator.
- Code should be less of a load for client computers.
- Should also be less laggy.

v1.03
-Alot of new code in the menu system.
-Increased msg's sent to clients and to server when votes are started.
-Railgun and Vulcan are slightly less powerful.

v1.02
-Troll cheat fix.
-Public Admin Voting can now be turned off.

v1.00
-Released mod to the public.
-Fixed Chameleon flag cheat, now Chameleon armor cannot carry enemy flag.
-Chameleon pack now lasts longer.
-Chameleon and Troll packs do not auto mount.
-Fixed Troll Pack cheat.
-Troll can only carry one pack now, but doesn't have to be Troll pack.
-Fixed admin time change bug.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Nice. Ignore this thread then... I'll bump the old one.

Looks like it's unanimous for nuke rockets, btw.
Sabin

Post by Sabin »

People have stopped getting creative with their offense.

No one has learned how to necro, and the only defense 95 percent of remaining players have for necro is just piling shit all over the flag. One switch to builder with a pitchfork and you can clear most of it because its blocking literally all of their defense.

Enabling another option that is going to let any decent heavy player literally solo a game isn't going to help anything. It will result in a major steamroll for the team with the experienced player, or a flag stand off if there are two in the server.

People just need to get back in the old spirit of tribes, learn to play as a team, and play more than just a single class.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It sounds like you're arguing against nuke modes, but the vote is still unanimous.

The nuke modes are quite fun in the regular version of Annihilation without super barriers and turret covers.

However, I do feel like the nuke rockets will help break the stalemates and give offense a better chance to win, once again.

My goal is to restore truth to the statement, "The best defense is a good offense." Currently, that statement is false. The best defense is currently a good dropper script.

This is why my typical strategy is to bum rush the flag before they build defenses, and speed cap until they do. Then I help my team build some defenses, and finally, I spend the remainder of the mission trying to rape the enemy base. Of course, this strategy is flexible, as the enemy frequently has defenses built before I get the first cap, and often has my flag by the time I respawn...

I used to plan my strategy based on who I was playing against, but I don't play often enough to be a psychic anymore....