Observer/Screenshot Bot

Nightmare OG

Observer/Screenshot Bot

Post by Nightmare OG »

Is it possible to have a bot that obs random people in game and periodically takes SS's and posts them in discord? that would be tight lol
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Observer/Screenshot Bot

Post by perrinoia »

afk player custom scripted to randomly observe and take screenshots, yes. Definitely doable.

Uploading said screenshots to discord automatically? Doubt it.

You'd be better off setting up a twitch streamer account to randomly observe players. Might even elicit donations.
Nightmare OG

Post by Nightmare OG »

Then lets make it happen!
jINKS{OZ}

Post by jINKS{OZ} »

why couldant it just take pics and put them in a filehoster online and upload the link to us to view teh folder
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Why can't you just lick your elbow?

Even if you could, the only logical outcome would be that you would find yourself delicious and commit suicide by self cannibalism.

It is possible to host a website off your local hard drive.
It is even possible to use your screenshots (useless) or recordings (useful) folder as the root directory of your self hosted website.
It is also possible to register a domain for your website and use software to periodically update your domain with your current IP address if you have a dynamic IP address.
It is possible to script a client that automatically switches to observer mode and randomly, periodically, or even strategically cycles observer subjects while taking screenshots (useless) or recording demos (useful).
It would then be possible for anyone who knows the address of said website to download the screenshots (useless) or recordings (useful) at the leisure, but who the fuck would do that?

Not me.
jINKS{OZ}

Post by jINKS{OZ} »

so u could do it??

lmao
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

My internet is not reliable enough to host a website from my computer, but I could make a tribes script that cycles observer clients and takes screenshots.
jINKS{OZ}

Post by jINKS{OZ} »

damn i would do it if i had a second (home) fan to keep my cpu cool. Cool man
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's an odd limitation.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

This would be nice to have. There were some pretty good server bots on annihilation servers at one point and they typically created less drama than the real admins.

Tribes rpg and reality bites mods also had complicated bots that could do a lot more than we have ever had in a bot in annihilation. They serve mainly as proof of concepts now because their code was always hoarded by the creators who eventually moved on without going open source.

The twitch account idea would be the easiest to actually do.