changes?

sabo1

Re: changes?

Post by sabo1 »

Jegue wrote:This same subject again, lol. I'd just turn invis spell into something better, and keep the rest as it it. Interceptor is awesome, and I love how some players get mad at it and start voting to kick the ones who use it, no matter how much the server's player base has shrunk. Maybe all vehicles should have a slightly higher flight speed btw
I dont see how it fits into tribes. Such a lame pack, ram people with it and you are fine, lol. so dumb. Hold fire down and strafe around the map, how does this lead to any thing other then LAME PLAY?

And even funnier is they nerfed the SAM missile so you need like 4 hits to take out the interceptor. Only realy counter is the necro sniper.

But why keep this vehicle in when you can literally just hold fire down and strafe around the map?! I can kill these things, but its really just useless garbage that gets used to grief players. People just spawn these packs, go hold fire, straife or ram with them. I dont see how this makes for any better fps game play, just seems like hookie gimmick crap that one of the devs put in and nerefed everything else to.

its a first person shooter, this class/pack isnt needed by any means. The interceptor pack with its no energy fire goes against all other weapons types in the game. The no energy flying goes against the whold point of the jet packs. I mean you can make a ligher class, like shifter had, or a flight pack, but the unlimited this is kinda crap.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

Death666 wrote:Why not just play base at that point.

There are counters for ghost pack by the way. I have played against a lot of players who set really good defense against ghosts with no problem and even ghost cap against really hard to get by ghost defense after an intense battle of both of trying to ghost each others flags and take down the flag d to be able to at the same time. Players like Shift would innovate and create new fun routes for flag grabs with ghost that I then saw other players learn. If you pay attention to what weapons have high kickback and realize that ghost pack increases your kickback compared to normal armor you will discover boosting while ghosted. (Disarm spell works really well for this, Intentionally flying close to an enemy nuke going off and ghosting to boost yourself is another example). Ghosting or not it's not possible to be invisible with the flag anymore so a lot of times if a ghost grabs a flag you can wait outside your base and be able to chase them back to theirs. Not to mention that their mobility is awful in necromancer armor and switching to ghost drains their health. You are literally chasing someone that can either barely move or is taking damage even if you miss.

In short there is so much tactility to annihilation that you seem to have totally missed. Everything in the mod pretty much DOES have a counter and that is why the mod outlived every. other. mod. Feel free to make your own mod if you want to as I said in the other thread. It seems silly to demand an decade plus old mod to totally change because you refuse to learn the game play.

Also try shooting someone invisible with plasma (you know that gun you spawn with every time) and see what happens. They cannot fly without leaving a big trail of smoke and they are in an armor with no shields that if you sneeze near them they will die.
I can beat invis, I just get tired of playing inv people all game. when your against a whole team and they invis all game, its pretty lame.

But I think invis should break when you fire a weapon, or just make it a pack again and change the becon power.

I think all teleports (besides the engineer dropped portal) are game breaking. Immersion breaking, and lead to lame play. Trust me I can set up a jail tower, turret the shit out of it, and run around with a chem with a jail gun a grief the crap out of players. It will just make players leave the game.

people get the interceptor pack and just hold fire button, and usually make teams turtle up in their base and not come out.

I think you remove that crap, and you get tribes back to some smash them up ctf!

I used to play shifter, but I guess it was a bit more grounded. To me these teleport and ghost packs are simply not needed. Any good player can blast the crap out of defenses pretty dam easy. The ghost pack just leads to exploits. Its really not needed. Teleport pack, jail gun, are not needed, just leads to lame play.

I think all the counters are still in, you just get a more straight up, battle ctf game!
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Not many people use it to even be worth the complaint. It's been well nerfed from what it used to be. All vehicles use to be much faster. They're easy to shoot out of the sky these days. Honestly it's funny to hit people with them. I still get a laugh when I occasionally get hit by them.

As you put it, maybe Greta can help you on this one?
:trolol:
assasin

Post by assasin »

Vehicles are a part of tribes.. Some people still use it and removing the vehicles means removing airbase as well. And you can shoot any interceptor if you aim further because of their laggy movement, deathray isn't the only thing that can shoot it.. This is Anni for years and removing all of them would do more harm than any good.. If you want the easiest way to kill those interceptors, get a missile turret up and have your team's pulse sensor up or get in rogue angel and kill them.. Having pulse sensor up is useful against most of the things..
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

It's true the vehicles have been nerfed already. If you play old Annihilation versions you will see the Interceptor and Fighter and even the Bomber were even faster and the Interceptor has already had a fire rate nerf as well. I personally played in those scrims back then and beat Orb and OZ and DF and I can tell you nobody was flying around in those tin cans without being sniped down by a particle beam easily.

People get these crazy ideas in their heads about certain things being unbalanced after they personally have a bad experience, but look you could easily die every time and boost around in warrior and hover over people up in the air shooting plasma down at them. That's just as much if not more powerful than running to a (working and powered) inventory and buying a Interceptor pack, running outside and deploying it and flying over. And teleports? You can throw detpacks, mines and grenades into them. You can use enemy teleports with chameleon pack and builders laptop pack. You can pitchfork a wall and go into an enemy teleport and take down their defense. Mostly people set them in the generator room and try to bum rush tanks into the enemy base and protect the teleport until it dies. Jails? Those are destroyable by the way. A skilled player could shut down your little jail turret farm easily. People are going to leave if you beat them sometimes (or come complain about the mod on the forums). That does not mean we should change it.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

Death666 wrote:It's true the vehicles have been nerfed already. If you play old Annihilation versions you will see the Interceptor and Fighter and even the Bomber were even faster and the Interceptor has already had a fire rate nerf as well. I personally played in those scrims back then and beat Orb and OZ and DF and I can tell you nobody was flying around in those tin cans without being sniped down by a particle beam easily.

People get these crazy ideas in their heads about certain things being unbalanced after they personally have a bad experience, but look you could easily die every time and boost around in warrior and hover over people up in the air shooting plasma down at them. That's just as much if not more powerful than running to a (working and powered) inventory and buying a Interceptor pack, running outside and deploying it and flying over. And teleports? You can throw detpacks, mines and grenades into them. You can use enemy teleports with chameleon pack and builders laptop pack. You can pitchfork a wall and go into an enemy teleport and take down their defense. Mostly people set them in the generator room and try to bum rush tanks into the enemy base and protect the teleport until it dies. Jails? Those are destroyable by the way. A skilled player could shut down your little jail turret farm easily. People are going to leave if you beat them sometimes (or come complain about the mod on the forums). That does not mean we should change it.
I know this game, you obviously dont read.

I dont think they are unbalanced, I think they destroy the immersion of the game #1. All but the set up teleporter is easily used for griefing people. This is why no one hardly play this mod.

Again the changes I suggested if anything would be more a straight up blast them FPS. The things your defending add no tactical advantage to the game. The interceptor is a hack as its has the only energy weapon in the game you can just hold fire down on and it uses zero energy.

the interceptor, spawn it, hold fire and strafe around the map, lol yes lots os skill needed for this garbage. IDK maybe you just suck that bad, you need crutches to play?! lol
Last edited by sabo1 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

DaRk wrote:As you put it, maybe Greta can help you on this one?
:trolol:
Learn how to meme noob...
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

and fyi I can own the interceptor, just spawn necro sniper.

I just down see how hold down fire and strafe vehicle is needed in an fps. No skill involved. Ram or hold fire.

ghost pack just gets used for exploits, put the invo in the wall, etc. = garbage play

its amazing you cant see how useless and lame that stuff is, I dont see any tactics in any of it, it always gets used for garbage play.

the teleporter is fine, if you dont defend it then its your fault

I use to play shifterX, you could hack the enemy base turrets, gens, invos, etc. ShifterX was like this mod without the garbage stuff.

Oh and BTW I used to own one of your admins interceptors with the Titan OS, so then he nerfed it so it takes like 4 OS hits to take out one. And the speed on them is kinda stupid.

the spawn warrior beacons could be limited more no reason 5 are needed. Give them 1 or 2.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Seriously dude. Just make your own mod then if you're so great. You whine so much I think I miss Runtime.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

DaRk wrote:Image

Seriously dude. Just make your own mod then if you're so great. You whine so much I think I miss Runtime.
you obviously dont read, or your too dumb to understand the big words?!

Ill smoke the stupid interceptor with the necro sniper, reading for the win.

Seems like you got nothing of value to counter anything I say.

What is the reason for unlimited fire on the interceptor?!

but again I bring up valid points and people here seem too sub optimal to understand any of it.

good day.