Last Hope / Presto / New Opts

SGT ROCK

Last Hope / Presto / New Opts

Post by SGT ROCK »

I use Last Hope 1.30, seems to be ok, although my machine freezes up sometimes in the BR server. Not sure why?
As I understand it Last Hope was an effort to do away with some forms of cheats or the like and supposedly a streamlined? (for lack of a better word) version of tribes.

Back in the day.. I used Cowboy, Presto and New Opts or some blend of those. (at my advanced age it's hard to remember details like that now but... btw is there a tribes skin that has a cane for us old folks who play?)

So a few of questions for my technologically gifted frienemies here...

Can you use presto and new opts with last hope?

Has Last Hope gone by the wayside because it didn't fulfill it's goal(s)?

What's your idea of a good clean install and setup for tribes to play in BR and Base?

Thanks...
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

Striker

Re: Last Hope / Presto / New Opts

Post by Striker »

You really should play with Lasthope all the time. It helps us admins out a lot, and nearly eliminates your ability to happy mod.

Presto and New Opts definitely should work with Lasthope.

Here's a Presto download link:
http://library.theexiled.pwnageservers. ... php?id=443

And here's a New Opts download link:
http://library.theexiled.pwnageservers. ... php?id=446

Hope that helps :mrgreen:
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

Yes those old scripts work with legacy clients(1.30 and older), they will not work with the new 1.4 client.
if you want to try a 1.4 client, this is a pretty good one.
www.tribeslasthope.com/downloads/Tribes1.4erowid.zip

Striker

Post by Striker »

Ahh my bad
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Thank you both. Much appreciated, that 1.4 is a beast, so much in that zip. Any tips or hints, perhaps some idea as to what all is different about it. I take it I need to uninstall the 1.3 client and fresh install the 1.4...? Thanks again !!!
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"

Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

You can keep the old tribes.
It is a standalone install, meaning it should have its own directory ( keep separate from 1.3 versions )

- 5150/Ultra monkey (5150.cs/ultramonkey.cs)
Select which pack in config/autoexec.cs

-FOV Changer (Fov.acs.cs)
Change your FOV in-game

- Kill Popup and Sound (Killpop.acs.cs & Killsnd.acs.cs)
Basic kill notification with a sound

- Local Sounds (LocalSounds.acs.cs)
Few local taunts on grab/carrier kills/etc

- Mouse Sensitivity (Mouse.acs.cs)
Fine tune your mouse sensitivity in-game

- Stats (Modules/Stats)
Collects match stats in Tribes/stats folder
and while in-game thru the caps lock key

- Team Hud
Shows teammates in convenient hud

- 12 favs
Uses F1-F12 keys for easy use of favorites

- Inventory Turn
Spins player 180º upon entering an invo
Last edited by Erowid on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

w ( O ) w !!! Thanks soooo much Erowid !!! That is smooooth my friend! I'll be a while getting used to it but the play is so much nicer, WAY better than the 1.3 I was using. SWEEEEET!

TXRedneck

Post by TXRedneck »

SGT ROCK wrote:I use Last Hope 1.30, seems to be ok, although my machine freezes up sometimes in the BR server. Not sure why?
As I understand it Last Hope was an effort to do away with some forms of cheats or the like and supposedly a streamlined? (for lack of a better word) version of tribes.

Back in the day.. I used Cowboy, Presto and New Opts or some blend of those. (at my advanced age it's hard to remember details like that now but... btw is there a tribes skin that has a cane for us old folks who play?)

What's your idea of a good clean install and setup for tribes to play in BR and Base?

Thanks...
Last Hope was designed to manage those that would use exploits & cheats. Unfortunately there are loopholes for every version & config. To put simple; it didn't work. There is nothing out there to prevent someone using an exploit or cheat. Now more than not use cheats and people use the cheats to try and catch players using the cheats. It's a way to get away with using it and trying to validate having it/them. It's made the admins have to be more on alert then actually play and be a part of the community; now it's more policing it.

And hahaha at frienemies! :lol: Sounds like you got things dialed in. When I finally get moved I'll need a good running config. The last few times I've tried to find a server no-one was on. Only a few people in Arghs and a couple in SKB. Not a soul was in Anni.
f0xL3g3nD :)

Post by f0xL3g3nD :) »

Death is only the beginning.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

TXRedneck wrote:
SGT ROCK wrote:I use Last Hope 1.30, seems to be ok, although my machine freezes up sometimes in the BR server. Not sure why?

Thanks...
Last Hope was designed to manage those that would use exploits & cheats. Unfortunately there are loopholes for every version & config. To put simple; it didn't work. There is nothing out there to prevent someone using an exploit or cheat. Now more than not use cheats and people use the cheats to try and catch players using the cheats. It's a way to get away with using it and trying to validate having it/them. It's made the admins have to be more on alert then actually play and be a part of the community; now it's more policing it.

And hahaha at frienemies! :lol: Sounds like you got things dialed in. When I finally get moved I'll need a good running config. The last few times I've tried to find a server no-one was on. Only a few people in Arghs and a couple in SKB. Not a soul was in Anni.
Hi Red, Glad ya got a kick outa the "frienemy" thing! Interesting how some things remain the same over the years... It's a pretty good community in there and most get along fairly well, REALLY nice to see that they are policing it. You see a lot of accusations in there over cheating and no doubt there are those that certainly don't understand it's a "no win" to cheat. Players do make amazing shots too and it is possible to hit with the laser while out of visual range, done it a few times myself. I didn't see very many using the 1.3 the few times I checked which led me to believe it must not be popular for some reason. My thanks to the admins for the work they do, it's time away from playing and a selfless act, nothin but respect for them. :!:

I wish I had time to play more often. I'm in and out trying to catch a lil play time, kinda rare that I get time to play for long periods. More often than not if I go in and start playing (while few are there) people will file in slowly but surely and we get a good game going. Or maybe people just like kickin my ass 8-)

Thanks again to Erowid!!! I'm really enjoying the 1.4 and loving the sound pack(s), funny stuff, I've been missing out on that. I've seen some of Erowids vids on youtube too, been at this game a looooong time now eh.... SHAZBOT!