should i

Aaquib

Re: should i

Post by Aaquib »

okay
lets start from scratch i'll be needing a CPU box(cage) whatever its called,Mother board,processor
RAM,HDD,Sound card(not sure about this one),Video card or graphic card,power supply unit,disk drive i might be missing something oh well i'd like to make high performance one(beats in gaming & multimedia but mostly for programing and work)
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Also get a Solid State Hard Drive aka SSD. They are a lil more expensive. But so great to have one. I know i have one for sure.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Nope you got it all in your list, if by CPU Box you mean cage, then yea you good. And ssd/disc drive hdd is optional. If you want nice load times, and good transfer speeds go ssd. If you don't mind a little wait time and want to cut corners in that area to get something better, go hdd. If I were building a PC, I would only get ssd, if I could get the best part for everything else first. I could see my self getting a normal HD though to get say a better graphics card.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

http://www.logicalincrements.com/
Is a good place to start.

If you're wanting to buy something pre-built instead there's a guy on the tribalwar forums who makes and sells gaming computers at good prices and ships for free. Shoot him a PM and ask if he has anything in your price range if you're interested.
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619369
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

whoa death, thats a sweet website! bookmarked

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

None of you guys have asked what he plans to use the computer for...

If Aaquib is only planning on playing Tribes, he doesn't need a $1600 gaming rig... And if that's his budget, and he doesn't need to play BF4, then he can spend his Brazillions on a better form factor, like the Surface Pro 2!

I fully intend to sell my super awesome gaming rig in order to buy a Surface, because, as it turns out, BF4 sucks donkey balls.
dawn

Post by dawn »

Owner wrote:Newegg.com Build your own System for a lot cheaper and i mean a lot. At the same time you will have a lot better specs. Prebuild systems are over priced bud. But its up to you.
My boyfriend built me this one all from newegg except my hard drive, graphic card and power supply,monitor and keyboard.. for around $300 including my corsair case :yahoo:
AMD FX(tm)-8320 eight-core processor,8 gigs of ram new asus motherboard
[img]DSCN0291.jpg[/img]
Attachments
DSCN0291.JPG
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Nice case.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, I like it, too. It looks like an accordion.