I need a .zip file

Post by SGT ROCK »

Map = Close Quarters
Said I needed = 3_vehicle(s).zip

Erowid??? anyone?
AnniDv6

Re: I need a .zip file

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah apparently version 1.4 doesn't have the training map terrain .zip files because some idiot wanted to cut back on the maps for 1.4 for no reason at all when it was initially being worked on. Vanilla Starsiege Tribes doesn't have this problem. I could upload the .zip with those files for 1.4 users, but that would essentially make the map client side (require a download) for 1.4 users and I really hate to have to do that so I'll ask owner to remove that map for now and maybe I'll recreate it on a terrain that isn't from the training maps. Sorry about that
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Thanks Death... I got in on the next map. Thanks for your work on the maps too, REALLY nice playing some different maps!!! I was sweating it for a while there, trying to get my tribes fix. I had taken care of getting some things done around here and made some time to play then I told my old lady to leave me the hell alone as I had planned on getting to play for a while and sat down with a nice cup of coffee and couldn't get in the server. I was like WTF... lol
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

It's really an easy fix. I can't remember off the top of my head what the exact problem was, but I do remember it was as simple as renaming something in the missions folder. The map files for that training mission had one named wrong when the version was leaked. If you find all the files in your missions folder (i think it's 4 different files), and make sure they're all named the same. It should fix your problem in the future. NiM's old mod use to use that map, so I had noticed it then and tried to get the fix out to as many as I could.

I'm pretty sure that was the fix, but if it wasn't, then it was also something simple like missing a file. Which could be brought over from 1.11 with ease. It's fixed in all the versions of 1.40 we host on OZ database except the original leak file.