[tag]Anti-virus.

KILROY

Re: [tag]Anti-virus.

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:I don't backup anything...

When shit gets too fucked up to fix, I reinstall Windows back to factory settings and start over from scratch.

I use my trusty Windows DVD, reformat the hard drive, reinstall windows, connect to the internet, and manually download/install everything I lost...

The whole process would definitely be faster with a backup, but I've had my backups corrupted so many times (because I forget to unplug them) that I just gave up on them.

Besides, virtually everything I create gets uploaded to the cloud anyway... I post all of my maps, I use google drive for all of my documents, etc... All of my drivers and games are available online (either freeware or via steam).
See you said it yourself, you forget to unplug :dunce: Like you said, it WILL save you a BUNCH of TIME if you unplugged. As for your cloud statement. I'll never use it. When it get's corrupted, EVERYONE get's CORRUPTED, PERIOD. Due to everyone having to download from the same area. Clouds are a decent type of system, but only if you keep them secure, which in these days, you can't.