KILROY

Re: hi perr

Post by KILROY »

No A/C or fans?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

There is an A/C unit in the living room, which would cool the whole apartment if I closed all of the windows and left all of the interior doors open...

However, I intentionally did not turn on the A/C unit because I don't pay the bills. My sister does.

Ironically, when I got home from work, my bedroom door was closed and the A/C unit was on... So the whole apartment was cool except for my hellish bedroom.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Damn, that suck's and know how that feels from a past experience, and to try to work on your computer putting out it's heat when it's already hot in the room is even worse, and bad for your computer. Shortens it's lifespan when it can't dissipate heat from it's internal electronics.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Code: Select all

%group = nameToID("MissionGroup\\Zone A\\Zone A\\DropPoints\\Start");
should be:

%group = nameToID("MissionGroup\\Teams\\team" @ %team @ "\\DropPoints\\Start");
I assume Zone A has something to do with Arena, which means you're ignoring CTF and trying to spawn everyone in the arena.
Arena's should be in MissionCleanup, not MissionGroup, so they don't save with the mission. You should use a different function for arena spawns.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

So, this is Capture and Hold, and there are drop points associated with the control switches?

Annihilation mod actually does this, but honestly, I don't like the way they do it.

Here's how I would do it...

function DropPointMarker::pickTeamSpawn(%this, %team, %respawn, %set)
{
	if(%team == GameBase::getTeam(%this) && Object::getName(getGroup(%this)) == getWord("Start Random", %respawn))
		addToSet(%set, %this);
}

function Game::pickTeamSpawn(%team, %respawn)
{
	%set = newObject("Temp Spawn Set", SimSet);
	Group::iterateRecursive(MissionGroup, GameBase::virtual, "pickTeamSpawn", %team, %respawn, %set);
//	Group::iterateRecursive(MissionCleanup, GameBase::virtual, "pickTeamSpawn", %team, %respawn, %set);	// Deployable Drop Points?
	%mkr = Group::getObject(%set, floor(getRandom() * Group::objectCount(%set)));
	deleteObject(%set);
	return %mkr;
}