New LT Server greens lounge...

KILROY

New LT Server greens lounge...

Post by KILROY »

Branzone, a company who's headquarters is here in Texas is hosting this, but who is paying Branzone for the server hosting? They need to be contacted to see if they are able to change the hosted map's on the server, or is it an auto setup by Branzone? Can the map's list be changed? Reason for this, is some of the map's are NOT server side maps. Client side only, and if you don't have this map, you get dropped. I've seen the server go from almost being full to less than half full when one of these maps starts. For it being a new hosting, it does get quite a bit of traffic now, compared to Community LT, but I do not get any lag on Community, but I do get some on greens. Branzone has had it share of complaints by renters, good and bad. The one's that were bad were mostly the gamming server restarting every now and then, daily, or latency issue's. Some were fixed, some, the renters complained Branzone didn't try to fix anything, and they left them.

EDIT: IP 208.100.45.13:28002
EDIT 2: One thing I forgot to add, these map's are auto loading, not voted on, which is why people are being dropped when they do load.
Fixious

Re: New LT Server greens lounge...

Post by Fixious »

I think this is Dare's new server.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Would you know how to contact him on the map issue? And make him aware that a lot of players don't have these client side maps and are getting dropped from his server. It would be best if he added a link to his server message relaying where they can download these maps in order to stay and play on his server, or take them out of the rotation and have it so people vote for the maps in order to play them. This would keep players in his server to help keep it active.

EDIT: I just checked the forums name listing and don't see him listed for a contact.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Ghost wrote:I'm sure he knows he has client side maps
OK, but I'd still like to approach him on this, and let him know it's causing more than half the server to drop and see what he says on either trying to fix the issue, or at least have a link on the joining screen to get the download for the maps.
virus

Post by virus »

Maybe he doesn't know how.
[NHOP]Virus
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

virus wrote:Maybe he doesn't know how.
Possibly. That's why I was requesting his contact.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

<!>KILROY wrote:who is paying Branzone for the server hosting? They need to be contacted...
<!>KILROY wrote:Would you know how to contact him on the map issue?
<!>KILROY wrote:OK, but I'd still like to approach him on this...
<!>KILROY wrote:That's why I was requesting his contact.
What exactly do you want? :fshit:
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Perr, the details are in the posts, read them.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Ah, now he's reading between the lines :fshit: